Mike's Global Grill Considering Adding Chicken Pot Pie to Its Menu

Marcelyn and I ate at Mike's Global Grill late yesterday. The mesera (waiter) indicated that they had a special menu item that evening -- chicken pot pies (CPP). We needed to read the menu no further, and immediately ordered two CPPs. After a few minutes the chef came out to apologize that they had only one remaining CPP. We were disappointed, but kept the order for the one remaining item and back-filled with another item for my main entré.

Mike's Global Grill - chicken pot pie.pngHere is a picture of the CPP (the spots on the plate are decoration). And there was good news as we were finishing our dinner. The chef came out to our table a second time, given our strong support for CPP as a menu item. He told us that he was planning on adding the CPP to their menu. That doesn't mean that they will have this specialty item for everyone everyday because the plan was to make up one batch of the ingredients on a regular basis (perhaps not everyday because CPPs involve a lot of work in the kitchen), and when the supply was gone, then someone would have to wait until the next round. The chef also said that CPPs take extra time for cooking once ordered, so plan not to be in a hurry. And get there early -- certainly before we arrive -- if you want your own chicken pot pie.

• Upvote 1

• Moderator_02 changed the title to Mike's Global Grill Considering Adding Chicken Pot Pie to Its Menu
18 hours ago, Bonnie said:

But was it a good chicken pot pie?

You betcha!

Not the absolute all-time best, but very good. Perhaps a bit too much chicken meat to my pleasure, but as us former sailors say: "any port in a storm" (any chicken pot pie when there are so few).

27 minutes ago, Bud said:

You betcha!

Not the absolute all-time best, but very good. Perhaps a bit too much chicken meat to my pleasure, but as us former sailors say: "any port in a storm" (any chicken pot pie when there are so few).

I like lots of chicken and not so many vegetables, so it sounds superb for my tastes.