We were invited to a birthday celebration recently at Retrogusto and it truly was an awesome experience. The food was perfectly prepared and the service outstanding. David and his team are very professional and entertaining, too. 

In fact, I've now tried all three of his locations and quality is a common thread. The other two are APizza and Otto Gastronomia.  Impressive.

Good food, comfortable seating, pleasant atmosphere, soft music, outstanding service, and a very warm welcome from the owners when you arrive.  That's a pretty good formula for success and it works because the place is usually full at 7 PM.

The last time we were there, David said they planned on opening a grill-type restaurant in the spot previously occupied by Ingana.  But, I haven't noticed any remodeling activity, so that plan may have changed.  

Whoever owns that vacant lot next to the church should turn it into an hourly parking lot.

51 minutes ago, Penny said:

Are they now following the law and giving the pensionado discount when requested?

Everybody loves it so much, I guess they don't care.  But you're right, that is no excuse for not following the law.