Entrance Requirment for holders of the "Permanencia Provisional" cards

I've recently gotten my "Permanencia Provisional" card which gives me two year temporary residency before receiving my Permanent Status and cédula. My lawyer said I am now considered a resident but my question for any of you is:

Whenever I have flown back to Panama as a tourist (every single time in the past 4 years I've been here) the airports I'm departing from (in the USA and Canada) when I check in at the counter they ask if I'm a resident of Panama (since I'm flying back to Panama on a one way and Panama requires tourist to have an exit ticket) so all those times I wasn't a resident and had to provide the agent at the airport in the US or Canada with proof of a ticket leaving Panamá. They would input stuff into their computer from my future ticket and I'd be set to go. Now when I fly back to Panama next month, I can tell them I'm a resident when they ask, but my question is, since I don't have a Panamaian Cedula but rather I have the temporary residency card from Migración. Will the agent in Canada give me a hard time? Will they still demand an exit ticket even though I technically don't have to exit Panamá anymore?

Hi SP87,

I was just informed by Carmen at PGLS that the 2 year visa has been cancelled as of May 31st.  Do you have any knowledge of this?  Carmen is a lawyer and may just be trying to encourage me to go for the Pensionado with her so I do not necessarily trust what I am being told.  Since you have gone through it, could you please provide me with the website where I apply?  Did you pay $517?

Also, I was told this was a residency visa so you should be ok with a one way ticket.  In Europe you cannot apply for permanent residency for 3 - 4 years (depending on type of visa) and the temporary 12 month visas are considered residency until permanent residency can be obtained.  

Thanks for your help with this.

Edited by MarieElaine

9 hours ago, MarieElaine said:

Hi SP87,

I was just informed by Carmen at PGLS that the 2 year visa has been cancelled as of May 31st.  Do you have any knowledge of this?  Carmen is a lawyer and may just be trying to encourage me to go for the Pensionado with her so I do not necessarily trust what I am being told.  Since you have gone through it, could you please provide me with the website where I apply?  Did you pay $517?

Also, I was told this was a residency visa so you should be ok with a one way ticket.  In Europe you cannot apply for permanent residency for 3 - 4 years (depending on type of visa) and the temporary 12 month visas are considered residency until permanent residency can be obtained.  

Thanks for your help with this.

I guess I should have been clearer about my situation. I am married to a Panamaian. So I applied for residency under the family class "permanent residency as married to a Panamanian" 

But with this, they first give you 2 year temporary residency and after that you are granted permanent residency.