Message added by Moderator_02,

Articles about the sons of Martinelli will now be found here https://chiriqui.life/topic/17753-martinelli-sons-for-trial-in-usa/

The "New Business" trial involving Martinelli & others can be found here https://chiriqui.life/topic/19951-new-business-trial/

Also see https://chiriqui.life/topic/7880-“blue-apple”-corruption-scandal for more postings involving the Martinelli family, especially the two Martinelli sons.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Marcelyn said:

This is indeed a detail account by Eric Jackson -- not sure I understand all the possibilities of what could happen in this Martinelli case. I'm beginning to think the man plus his eight lawyers might win this fight. Sometimes lots of money has a loud voice.

There is an old saying in Spanish that will read in English something like:  "Powerful gentleman is Mr. Money".    "Poderoso caballero es Don Dinero".    Money can do a lot of things in favor of the owner of the money.  It could buy everything.  

5 hours ago, Roger B said:

There is an old saying in Spanish that will read in English something like:  "Powerful gentleman is Mr. Money".    "Poderoso caballero es Don Dinero".    Money can do a lot of things in favor of the owner of the money.  It could buy everything.  

I would be VERY disappointed in the Panamanian Judicial System if this man does not have to appear in court to either justify what he has done or pay the price for what he has done. It's obvious he's trying to buy everyone off but not everyone is able to be bought. 

8 minutes ago, Hil said:

If a warrant is issued and interpol is advised to hold------he will have to leave the U.S. or they will extradite him. They were talking warrant last Friday. I can't wait until tomorrow for the real deal.

INTERPOL's  authority is actually limited to passing on requests for arrests and extraditions, which may or may not be honored by national governments. So  it would be up to the US whether or not to arrest and extradite Martinelli. At least that's how I understand it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Couple of RM quotes today that demonstrate his attitude.

"I will go in the appropriate political moment or after the tyrant exits": Martinelli

1. Without any proof nor being mentioned, syndicared ,notified or accused I am being seek by Panama funny political judicial system.

Poor Pty

I've noticed recent news releases are vague regarding true whereabouts of Martinelli. Reminds me of a recent conversation with several people in New Orleans when one man told the story that Martinelli (who is a landowner in Paraguay) was kicked out of that country by the Paraguanian government. Martinelli was later refused entrance to Spain. And so the stories continue -- who knows the real answer of where Martinelli is?

One thing to issue an arrest warrant for ex-President Martinelli, but if he can't be found what then. Does Panama have procedures that allow for a trial in absentia?

If politicians were running the judiciary we would all be in trouble, and just because RM's whereabouts are known doesn't mean he can be picked up.

In order to avoid the appearance of political persecution, every effort is being made to follow establish correct procedure in this case, for which there are no precedents.

Every appeal has been heard, every opportunity to appear has been given. The very people he appointed to the Supreme Court are the ones who are indicting him.

This is only the first of six cases pending, btw.

Edited by Keith Woolford

True Keith, meant to say Judicial powers, not political. Martinelli keeps going on about political persecution and that's where I got off track.

I hope they are able to arrest him, get him back to Panama to face all of the charges against him.

For a man that thinks he's so smart, he's sure playing dumb. 

Without any proof nor being mentioned, syndicared ,notified or accused I am being seek by Panama funny political judicial system.

Poor Pty