While we're on the subject, is anyone aware of a Fenosa phone number at which you can get an English-speaking rep? I have a number 777-6280 and the name Elicia, allegedly an English speaker, written on a Rolodex card, but when I called it this morning I got only Spanish and no option for English.

I'm aware that you can dial the main number 315-7222 and, when prompted, dial 1, then dial the first three numbers of your NIS number, and follow that with three ones, after which you simply say "No hay luz." (The NIS number pinpoints the area.) But sometimes I want to actually talk to someone, and my Spanish breaks down completely over the phone.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Uncle Doug said:

I am injecting coffee straight into my arm right now, trying to make up for the morning caffeine shortage. That was brutal.

Power outages are so frequent and unpredictable, I have started grinding my morning coffee the night before so I don't have to drink instant if the power is out.  You do need a gas stove however, to heat the water.

• Upvote 1

• Admin_01 changed the title to Electricity Outage Again

We had another lengthy outage here in Palo Alto early this morning. I turned off the UPS after an earlier outage so I could get some sleep, but awoke at 4:30 with an inoperable ceiling fan above my bed. When the power had not come on by 5:30, called the 315-7222 Fenosa number. After I had punched in a 1 upon prompt and the first three digits of my NIS number on the next prompt, a real live person came online. He spoke only Spanish, but he spoke clearly and slowly and was patient with me. He asked for my complete NIS number and then confirmed my name and location. He said he would report the outage and gave me a service call number. The power came back on about 7:30, and at 7:45 I received a telephone call from Fenosa confirming that I had electricity. I'm impressed.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Bonnie said:

We had another lengthy outage here in Palo Alto early this morning. I turned off the UPS after an earlier outage so I could get some sleep, but awoke at 4:30 with an inoperable ceiling fan above my bed. When the power had not come on by 5:30, called the 315-7222 Fenosa number. After I had punched in a 1 upon prompt and the first three digits of my NIS number on the next prompt, a real live person came online. He spoke only Spanish, but he spoke clearly and slowly and was patient with me. He asked for my complete NIS number and then confirmed my name and location. He said he would report the outage and gave me a service call number. The power came back on about 7:30, and at 7:45 I received a telephone call from Fenosa confirming that I had electricity. I'm impressed.

Workin' the system!  Good for you.  

jim

7 hours ago, Bonnie said:

You can also call 800-4346.  Ignore the "press 1, etc" options, and immediately hit 0.  You will get a live person who will ask for your NIS number and proceed as you describe.  It's best to call when you have a long outage, because sometimes your call is the first that makes them aware there's a problem in your area.