Outreach Trip to David, Chiriqui -- December 9, 2015

Admin_01

• Administrators
Subject: Message for U.S. Citizens: Outreach Trip to David, Chiriqui -- December 9, 2015
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 16:07:39 +0000
Reply-To: Panama-ACS@state.gov

Seal with blue background

The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Panama would like to inform U.S. citizens in Western Panama that we will be visiting David, Chiriqui on Wednesday, December 9, 2015 to provide consular services to U.S. citizens. 

We will be at the Hotel Ciudad de David in David, Chiriqui from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 9, 2015.  We will offer the following services:

-           Applications for U.S. passports (these services will be processed in Panama)

-           Passport Renewal (adults and minors)

-           Adding Pages to Passports (requires surrendering passport)

-           Lost or Stolen Passports

-           Notarizations

-           Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status (please bring from I-407 and Permanent Resident Card)

-           Voting Registration (Please print and complete the form at: https://registertovote.org/index.html

IMPORTANT NOTICE

1.         Please bring legible photocopies of all documents to be submitted.

2.         Please bring the exact cash amount to pay for the service.

3.         Please bring completed forms.  Please access the following link for information on fees, and forms you need to download, complete and bring: http://panama.usembassy.gov/service.html

A representative from the Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) will be offering the following services:

-           Medicare enrollment/cancellation (copy of current passport or cedula will be required)

-           Application for SS replacement cards (copy of current US Passport)

-           Application for new SS card for children under age 12 (copy of US Passport for one of the parents, the child’s copia integra and passport)

-           Change of address/residence (copy of current passport or cedula will be required)

-           General inquiries

A representative from our Regional Security Office will be on hand to answer security questions.

Please note:  No visa services will be provided.  Services will be provided on first come - first serve basis.

Thank you for your assistance.  We look forward to seeing you.

Sincerely,
American Citizen Services
U.S. Embassy Panama

Let me explain why I do not post the content from my blog on other sites that I post on. Too often, the Embassy sends out a message that they later change. I do not want the responsibility of having to go to those pages and making changes.

If the Embassy does make a change, which has happened to me several times, I merely correct the post on my blog.

If people do no want to see these ACS announcements as URLs then can sign up with STEP and receive 90% of the messages the Embassy sends me.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Don Ray said:

Let me explain why I do not post the content from my blog on other sites that I post on. Too often, the Embassy sends out a message that they later change. I do not want the responsibility of having to go to those pages and making changes.

If the Embassy does make a change, which has happened to me several times, I merely correct the post on my blog.

If people do no want to see these ACS announcements as URLs then can sign up with STEP and receive 90% of the messages the Embassy sends me.

Thanks, but we have this under control.

2 minutes ago, Don Ray said:

You may want to correct the URLs in your post. They are not correct and sent out wrong by the Embassy.

But I am sure you have it under control.

May I suggest you get yourself under control, Don Ray. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Don Ray said:

Thanks for the explanation of your policy.

We are told by many expatriates that they do not wish to participate in the STEP program for many varying reasons. We don't judge, but rather provide an information service as best we can for the community.

18 minutes ago, Don Ray said:

You may want to correct the URLs in your post. They are not correct and sent out wrong by the Embassy.

But I am sure you have it under control.

Don't know what you are talking about regarding the URLs. They work just spiffy. Let me know if you need some help.

Don Ray is complaining on Chiriqui Chatter about being banned on this website. He was asked why, and he replied that it is something that probably only he would understand. I agree with Don Ray on that point. I don't understand what the problem is here. And so here is what I posted on Chiriqui Chatter this morning.

"So you had to ask three times for CL to close your account. Sounds like slow response on the part of CL. However, I’m reminded of something my Dad taught me a very long time ago: Be careful of what you ask for because you just might get it. You asked three times for closure of your account on CL and you got it closed. What’s the problem here? Why is this even being discussed?"

xoxo

Below the dashed line is DR's full posting to answer a question by Alan Ross to say why he requested that his CL account be closed. I've bolded what are the most important sentences to my line of thinking in his long answer to a short question. My experiences in life tell me when there is a short question followed by a long answer then the guy answering is making excuses over covering up the real truth.

Again I agree with DR: this only makes sense to him. When I looked at DR's profile here just now, it doesn't say banned. It says "Closed (Member Request)."

And so I close, repeating my earlier question: What's the real problem here?

------

1. Alan,

I requested to have my membership removed and my profile removed. 

The reason probably only makes sense to me. 

Yesterday, the Embassy issued a Outreach notice. I posted it after correcting a mistake the Embassy had made in their email. I then posted my normal link to my Embassy post on FB and Chiriqui Life.

Shortly thereafter, I received a notice from Chiriqui Life telling me that my post had been removed. When I went to Chiriqui Life, I saw that Bud had posted the Embassy’s email with errors still in the post.

I replied that I always posted a link to my site and didn’t paste the message, because the Embassy often made mistakes and when that occurred, I only had to change he post in CC.

That message on CL received a comment from Bud stating he had it handled.

I then replied that he might want to correct the URLs in his post because they were wrong, 

He obviously changed the URLs and then replied with a cute remark saying something like “They are working spiffy here” and something about my needing help. 

Since he had made the change on his site, anyone coming that had not seen the erroneous post would think I did need help, because the new URLs worked.

That convinced me to make the request to have my membership removed along with posts and profile.

He chose to handle it differently.

As I said, this probably only makes sense to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

Just my opinion, but Mr. Williams apparent need to maintain his procedures and protocols as priorities always seems to supercede any genuine desire to share information.

I get my Embassy information from Mr. Price Peterson who is the local Warden here in Boquete. I'm told Warden position is an unpaid volunteer role.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Pat said:

I get my Embassy information from Mr. Price Peterson who is the local Warden here in Boquete. I'm told Warden position is an unpaid volunteer role.

Yes it is a volunteer unpaid position. Don Ray has been working overtime fulfilling his obligations to the community and visiting Marion every day lest people forget this. I think we should all cut him a little slack. 

Two obviously alpha males had a set-to. So what, happens all the time. No reason to take sides. Let's move on.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JoJo said:

Yes it is a volunteer unpaid position. Don Ray has been working overtime fulfilling his obligations to the community and visiting Marion every day lest people forget this. I think we should all cut him a little slack. 

Two obviously alpha males had a set-to. So what, happens all the time. No reason to take sides. Let's move on.

Give Don Ray a little slack? Okay. What I'm hearing is that Bud is the only person doing all the admin work for CL. Let's give them both a little slack and move on beyond this non-issue.

Not taking sides or opinion offered here. Just moving on...........?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, JoJo said:

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I'll chime in anyway.  Yes, we all agree that Don Ray is a community asset and he goes the extra mile as the David Warden.  But, I personally doubt that the Embassy would agree with the statement: "None the less, you will see no more Embassy information from me."  I would hazard a guess that the Embassy would have a little chat with Don if they saw that statement.  The Embassy's objective is to get a widespread dissemination of their notices. The Wardens is are one means to do that, but certainly not the only way.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Woody said:

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I'll chime in anyway.  Yes, we all agree that Don Ray is a community asset and he goes the extra mile as the David Warden.  But, I personally doubt that the Embassy would agree with the statement: "None the less, you will see no more Embassy information from me."  I would hazard a guess that the Embassy would have a little chat with Don if they saw that statement.  The Embassy's objective is to get a widespread dissemination of their notices. The Wardens is are one means to do that, but certainly not the only way.

I don't see the warden in Boquete notifying anyone though. Don Ray posts on his blog, on Gringo's in David and a couple of other sites. Also on FB. I don't think under the circumstances the Embassy has any issues with him.

Regardless, I like both Bud and Don Ray and I hate that this has happened. I really enjoy this site and don't want to see all of us at each others throats taking up sides. PEACE! 

Yes, this is a little disappointing.   On the other hand, any one of us can quote Don Ray's blog and do our part to get the word out.  After all, a community board like this is suppose to be everyone helping out and sharing information - not just waiting for one person to do it all.   

I can understand the point that as he posts on more and more sites, he must go back and keep them all up-to-date with changes.   Add to the mix if someone other than himself edits his posts (for whatever reason), now the task of making sure all the various posts are uniform and correct becomes enormous.   It is probably best he posts on his blog and then just uses links to it on various sites.

I also understand Bud seeing an error and wanting to correct it.   I do not see either man as being "wrong".

I think JoJo had it exactly right:  Two obviously alpha males had a set-to. So what, happens all the time. No reason to take sides. Let's move on

• Upvote 2