Does anyone know the current status of the  restaurant in Hotel Ladera? I seem to recall that after one Spanish chef left, another came to Boquete to take over and that he was reputed to be very good. I'm wondering if he's still there and whether the food and service are good. I have noticed that the name has changed to Palo Cortao.

Edited by Bonnie

• 1 month later...

A group of us went to Toco Madera in the Hotel Ladera for lunch today. While the main menu is costly (but not totally out of line for dinner), the executive menu for the day was a real surprise. For $9.90, today's listing consisted of a super lettuce salad with caramelized onion and chicken, a Spanish bean (garbanzo) soup with sausage, and a sirloin and mushroom dish with gravy over rice. All three dishes were outstanding. The service was very good, and we got our separate checks in record time. I encourage everyone to give them a try. The ambiance is very relaxing, so I'll try dinner soon.

• Upvote 1

• Admin_01 changed the title to Restaurant Toco Madera in Hotel Ladera