Here is some information about Skypower Energy building a solar panel establishment and university here in Panama.  This program includes scholarships for Panamanians. 

The research that we just now did was based on a recommendation of CL member Jim Tosch in another thread on this website.

If interested in more details, please click here: http://www.skypower.com/skypower-announces-500-mw-of-solar-energy-projects-in-panama/

This has widespread implication for business and environmental impact. More jobs? Cheaper electricity? Less dependence on petroleum based energy? Scholarships for the youth of Panama. Etc.

Marcelyn, am so pleased that someone, you, have reacted. This is culture changing for Panama. Smart young people will see a new world. Please keep me posted about new info you gather. I wish it could be near Boquete but I can't seem to get anybody moving. David will need the energy and  Boquete is a perfect college town. Good luck!

Gosh Jim. You didn't do your post justice saying it was a university hon. This link explains it better and makes a lot of sense. It's a wonderful thing they are doing, at least in writing. I love the sponsorship program as well.

SkyPower will also construct a US $50 million world-class solar and environmental research centre in Panama dedicated to the advancement of solar photovoltaic (PV) innovation as well as advanced research and innovation in environmental sciences.

I don't think even now the magnitude of this project has sunk in. This very large company is capable of and intends to make some part of Panama the "Silcon Valley" of renewable energy. If this were in the US there would delegations from hundreds of cities begging and bribing Skypower to pick them.

11 minutes ago, Jim Tosch said:

I don't think even now the magnitude of this project has sunk in. This very large company is capable of and intends to make some part of Panama the "Silcon Valley" of renewable energy. If this were in the US there would delegations from hundreds of cities begging and bribing Skypower to pick them.

I wonder if Boquete's Mayor Emigdio Walker knows about Skypower Energy project? I like our Mayor and think he is doing good things for our town.

2 hours ago, Dottie Atwater said:

I post up-to-date information about Panama on my Delphi forum and  I posted the article about SkyPower on October 6th.  http://forums.delphiforums.com/panamaexpats

Dottie:   Not sure how I missed the Skypower Energy article you posted on Delphi forum. I'll try to be more careful.  Think you are performing a real service and doing a good job with your website. Keep at it, lady.