Bud and I recently drove from Boquete to Panama City. A total distance of 480km. Our vehicle "Rosie" (2007 Toyota Fortuner) used approximately 2/3 tank of diesel for this trip of almost eight hours. We made two stops. One for lunch at Santiago and the second was a "comfort" stop at Coronado.

It has been several weeks since the last time we made this journey. Both of us were pleased with the improvement of the roadway. Construction is continuing and much more work is needed, but the amount of progress is impressive. The worse part is 50km immediately west of Santiago due to the construction and pot holes.

I drove this yesterday - I always try to drive it on a Sunday.  There is less traffic and virtually no construction working compared to the weekdays.   When I first heard about this project, I thought I would never see it done in my lifetime.   Now, I am amazed at the progress every time I make this trip.   I made the trip in 7 hours, stopping once in Santiago for lunch.  

1 hour ago, Twin Wolf Technology Group said:

I drove this yesterday - I always try to drive it on a Sunday.  There is less traffic and virtually no construction working compared to the weekdays.   When I first heard about this project, I thought I would never see it done in my lifetime.   Now, I am amazed at the progress every time I make this trip.   I made the trip in 7 hours, stopping once in Santiago for lunch.  

Sunday is definitely the day to go!