We have renewed passports.  We will be traveling out of the country and returning.  Do we need to go to Migration here for anything ( a stamp)?  We hold E-Cedulas.  Will that be enough to re-enter as permanent residents with this fresh Passport we now hold that is free of all immigration stamps?...or does the  David Migration office need to stamp our fresh passports.

Edited by Brundageba

4 hours ago, Bonnie said:

You have new passports, I.e., different numbers. Assuming that your E cedula was obtained under your former passport, it most likely will have to be linked to your new passports at Migracion. Best to check.

Probably not worth a special trip but I would do it, regardless of having an E-Cedula.

Edited by Keith Woolford

• 1 year later...
On 5/12/2017 at 3:02 PM, Bonnie said:

You have new passports, I.e., different numbers. Assuming that your E cedula was obtained under your former passport, it most likely will have to be linked to your new passports at Migracion. Best to check.

Alison, what did you learn you had to do once you renewed your passport? I last did this eight years ago and want to be sure there are no major changes.

As I recall, I had to change the passport number on my car title and visit Migracion to have the new passport number linked with the old in their computer base?

On the car registration .....we changed that number once we obtained the E-Cedula.  That we did in Dolega.  Now the # on the vehicle registration is the E-Cedula #

I assume you have an E-Cedula.  You do need to go to Migration with your old and new passports and get all that linked in the system as Keith said. 

Edited by Brundageba