My rant against the library

Before I start I must say that I love the library and how it contributes to the community. But there is a major thing that makes me see red every time I pass by and see all the cars parked along the street.

The library took a perfectly good through street and blocked it off with flower pots. It sits there being totally useless. Could they not have used it for parking? If not for parking, let the cars continue through it to and from Main Street.

They say they are keeping it for special events. In the many years the library has been open I've only seen a couple of special events utilize this space. If they were planning a special event, then block it off and let the population use it for travel or parking the rest of the time.

I think it's quite arrogant of them for doing this.

Personally I find that open space adds to the tranquility of the library inside and to those who choose to sit outside to enjoy the relative quiet.  I'm happy to take a little longer ride down the side road to gain access to the main road.  But I can understand one's frustration if one doesn't experience what the library space offers.