Two good things for those living south of Bajo Boquete

Lately I've been shopping at Caballeros fruit and veggie mercado located next to Angels coffee, just north of Casa de Jamon on the same side of the street. They are small but have had everything I needed when I've stopped by. I have never seen anyone else in there during my visits. So happy not to have to drive to town every time I need veggies.

Also, and this is BIG NEWS (at least for me,) Melissa is having a debit machine installed at Alto Dorado!! It is sitting in the panaderia just waiting for internet and security to set it up. She said it may be a few more weeks before it's up and running. No more driving into town for cash. My life is now complete. Yipeeeeee

• Upvote 1

Thanks for this information. We keep hearing really good things about the mercado at Alto Dorado. Will give it a look-see in the near future.

The word is that they have incredibly good customer service. Your comments about the debit machine seem to support the assertions of good customer service.

The name Melissa keeps being mentioned as the main driving force at that store.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, JudyS said:

I stopped buying eggs there, because the cartons often contained one or two rotten ones.  I never find rotten eggs in cartons from other stores, so I think Canasta Basica's eggs are old.

Judy:  We buy eggs at Canasta Basica and always check the date posted on the edge of the cardboard container. Usually purchase the 5 dozen flat package.

More than two good reasons living south of Bajo Boquete!!

Best whole chickens for roasting have been from Canasta Basica, also any of their cut pieces. Always fresh and cooks up tender and juicy and great prices. The ice cream in the white container is local made with all natural ingredients. Alfa is the name.

Melissa at Alto Dorado rocks. Impeccable customer service. We pre order wine from her  by email and purchase by the case on really good finds. She offers case deals and has tracked down two wines for us. She said her case sales have gone through the roof! She is stocking a lot more fresh veggies and the really good lettuce. She hopes to stock even more wine at the new location under construction.

Great to hear about the ATM going in her place. When the new gas station opens it will be another benefit ( along with Casa Jamon) of not having to go into town.

• Upvote 1