Need to find Good Homes

Due to the recent changes in immigration here in Panama, I find I must leave permanently and have chosen Portugal as my next inexpensive destination.  I brought my cat with me from FL when I moved here 2.5 years ago and it was very traumatizing for him.  When he passed away after almost 2 years here, I adopted 2 Panamanian calicos who are my babies.  I do not want to put them through a 2+ day flight to Portugal even under sedation.  I believe this is a cruelty that I wish to avoid.  They need homes here.  They are both female and spayed.  Annie is a princess and Zelda is a tom boy and they are both very loyal and loving. I love them both dearly.

Please contact me at marie_ebm@yahoo.com if you are able to help me in this matter.

010.JPG

Annie 006.JPG

Not only the long flight Marie Elaine, but the EU requires you to get a rabies titer, not just a rabies vaccine.  This test costs about $600 and is only available in a few places.  They make it prohibitive for most people to bring their pets from Panama.  I know this because some friends moved from Panama to Portugal last year.  They had to go to the U.S. first, so they took the cats with them (4 of them) and found homes for them there, after not being successful in finding homes here.

Please contact ARF for help in finding homes for your babies.  Also I will put them on Pets Want Homes.  Then ask everybody you know.  It isn't easy to find homes for adult cats, so try everything you can think of.

Marie

Not too long ago you were very excited about the new visa that cost just a little more than $500, didn't require an FBI report, and didn't require a lawyer. What happened??? Have you ever been to Portugal? Can you even begin to speak Portuguese? Whatever you decide, I know you will never find another community like Boquete in Portugal.