Marcelyn and I had to spend most of yesterday in David for business maters. It was a generally productive day, in spite of the heat and humidity.

Anyway, the reason for this topic is that we stopped by Hotel Nacional for their buffet luncheon. It had been quite a while since last dining there. We arrived about 12:15PM, and immediately were invited into the dining area. We were the first to arrive for the buffet luncheon, and so they opened the door for us and invited us in. It only got better from that warm greeting.

The food was excellent, especially the pumpkin soup. There was the usual wide selection of food items. We both had rice and the chicken entree, etc. The service was impeccable, even to include helping me get the WiFi security code for my cell phone working (I must have been in "klutz" mode right then).

All things considered, it was such a pleasant experience with excellent food, great service, and fair pricing that I mentioned to Marcelyn that I would not request the jubilado discount. Low and behold, when the waiter brought the bill, he indicated that he had already applied the jubilado discount but did need to view our cédulas. I guess we can't hide our advancing years. We left a larger than normal tip.

If you haven't dined at the Hotel Nacional at lunch time, you might want to treat yourself to an excellent dining experience.

• Upvote 1