Where to find good bed linens

I hate to lower the quality of discussions here, but there is a category for help findings things.

I can rough it with the best of them, but two things I find hard to do without are a hot shower and soft bedding. We solved the shower problem with an electric hot water heater in the master bath, but I'm having no luck with the bedding. The sheets we brought with us are gradually disintegrating, and the ones I have been able to buy here so far feel like they're made of new dish towels. And two "king size" blankets I've purchased here are noticeably smaller than those I brought from the States, resulting in nighttime tug o' wars.

Has anyone had any luck finding high thread count sheets and true king size blankets?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Bonnie said:

I hate to lower the quality of discussions here, but there is a category for help findings things.

Bonnie,

You definitely are not lowering the discussion quality. You have a valid question, and this is a good place for it.

We appreciate your use of CL and hope you get answers that work for you.

11 hours ago, JoJo said:

Bonnie, have you tried Conway in Plaza Terronal?  I don't know that the king size blankets are as big, but they do have good quality sheets and other bed linens in my opinion. 

Yes. Conway is where I bought the sheet set that feels like sandpaper. (Admittedly, they have grown softer with repeated laundering and the use of fabric softener.) The undersized blankets came from Pricesmart.

Last year Price Smart had some very nice (over sized) Tommy Bahama light weight comforters.  But of course I have not seen them again.  The Importadora Americana stores in David often have Kohl and Macy brands of sheets.  I bought some, and they are very nice, of course the down side it they are not sets and you have to mix and match.

40 minutes ago, Bonnie said:

Yes. Conway is where I bought the sheet set that feels like sandpaper. (Admittedly, they have grown softer with repeated laundering and the use of fabric softener.) The undersized blankets came from Pricesmart.

The first set I bought at Conway wasn't very nice either. But I found that you pretty much get what you pay for and bought a more expensive set and have been very satisfied with them. I have to admit that I opened them first and the sales lady didn't have a problem with it.

• 1 month later...

If you like smooth crisp sheets you need to look for percale on the label. I did find at Conway but had to read almost every label to find them finally. The girls there didnt know what i was talking abouf. I tried one set and went back to buy 2 more i like them so much.  Label says Dobby Collection. Deep pocket, too.I think the set was around 40 bucks. Good luck.