Restaurante El Novillo Gordo (Next to Melos in Boquete) Has New Chef

El Novilla Gordo is next door to the used car lot (Multimotors) as you come into David on the old road.  In the past is was OK for their $8 lunch but their regular menu was not good expensive and overcooked.  They have a new chef, not sure if it is a new owner but now they do a terrific lunch or dinner especially if you like meat.  They have a $8 buffet that is very good includes chicken, salads, soup, vegies, rice and some things were terrific.  However they have a $15 buffet (includes everything on the $8 buffet) that is kind of like a  Brazillan Rodiaio.  They bring out sizzling platters of different meats including smoked salmon and very rare steak. (you can let the steak cook to your desired doneness but remember very pink steak is tender)   I loved it.  It also included a beautiful chunk of salmon.  They even let Lorraine order just the $8 and me the $15 she was happy, I knew they did not want me giving her huge chunks of meat.  After a couple of platters I was full and what blew me away is that they let me take the left overs home.  They also honor the jubliado discount.  I hope they can continue because it is a great deal.  This restaurant makes the trip to David not so unpleasant.

Edited by Chris McCall

• 5 months later...

Restaurante El Novillo Gordo

It is a little sad, we had some very good meals there when it was in David next to the used car lot on the old boquete road just as you come into town.  We did stop in and had the chicken quesadilla which was very good.   it had a slightly upscale atmosphere in david, table cloths, high ceilings mart work.  I don't know what you would call it now.  The last chef in david was good.

what is sad is you almost could not pick a worse location for a restaurant in boquete.  No parking, almost impossible to walk to it - weaving between moving and parked trucks. No visibility it has been there for a month and this is first time anybody said anything.  

In David we used to think it was a money laundering place because it was so nice the food was good and there was hardly ever anybody there.  

In David their executive lunch was only six dollars. Panamanian style lunch and usually quite good.  Excellent soup, salad, rice and beans and meat.  If we can  remember will go try it out when were in town next time.

Edited by Chris McCall
Can't spell or write :-). Still can't oh well.

• Admin_01 changed the title to Restaurante El Novillo Gordo (Next to Melos in Boquete) Has New Chef