Today we visited Otto Italiana, across the street from Los Establos. We've walked by many times and decided to stop in today. We ordered two sandwiches, one with marinated veggies ($6) and the other with fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil pesto ($5.) Both were served on a baguette and came with a small salad. The portion was large enough that I could have eaten half and taken the other half home, but my other half ate my other half :/ The sandwiches we're delicious! They have wine by the glass and bottle and a good selection of beer. The menu includes lasagna, starting at $6, pasta and other traditional Italian dishes like chicken parmesan. You can also buy Italian cold cuts, fresh mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, grilled artichoke hearts, anchovies and more to take home.

The restaurant is nicely decorated with table and bar seating, soft music was playing and the place has a nice relaxing vibe even though it's on the main drag. Otto is open from 11-6 every day except Monday.

We imagine going back some time in the later afternoon, sharing a plate of olives and sun dried tomatoes, maybe some tiramisu and a bottle of wine and watching the world go by.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JudyS said:

Tiramisu?  Oh joy!  I'm going there for lunch on Monday.  This restaurant is a great addition to our town.

They're closed on Monday, Judy! Also, I think it was actually described as tiramisu parfait, or something like what. But I'm not picky so I'll try it. They also had some kind of Nutella cookie and cheesecake.