29 minutes ago, Brundageba said:

OK...so I didn't want to be a quitter.  I again tried to open a new account with yet another user/pass ( now the 3rd attempt at starting fresh) .  It would not take the newest user/pass.   When I entered my email it refused that as well.  It told me it did not match...what I have no idea as I was just entering it as a result of "forgotten" user/pass.  I could go for #4 try but I'm running out of creative user/pass ideas.....ha ha

STEP...not as easy as one might think !

OK I dove in for my 4th attempt and I'll have to say I got farther along this time.  BUT...the site jammed again and then shut down.  Both jams and shut downs happened when I hit the button: "Do you wish to add an additional phone number?"  If you say "yes"  The site tells you " wait just one minute" with the circle circling.   After several minutes the site turns itself off.  Tomorrow is another day when I may have more steam for attempt #5. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Roger B said:

Please.  A lady is a lady and a gentleman should always have good words and compliments to ladies in a very respectul way.  It doesnt have to do with any "dating" situation.  It is only being and behaving like a gentleman under the presence of a lady and should not be seen as a personal approach. of any means

This is a cultural/language problem with the USA, Roger. I can have any number of amigas in Panama but only one novia. The USA  does not have a good word for amiga. Our only word is girlfriend and it isn't the right word.

jim

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Uncle Doug said:

I've seen some websites that put the estimate over 10,000,  although as I recall they were including Canadians as well. That's patently absurd to even a casual observer, although I have no idea how many gringos reside in or near David.  I'm also amazed that only 297 Americans have signed up for the STEP notices (and certainly some of them are no longer here in Panama but have not unsubscribed to the emails).

What would be your best guess as the expat population of Chiriqui, Keith?

2500, maybe 3,000.

The best source of data would probably be Pricesmart's membership list, lol.

• Upvote 2

On 3/19/2017 at 1:12 PM, TwoSailors said:

just want to be sure that no one was misunderstanding what TwoSailors wrote here. This was a kind of "tongue-in-cheek" and light-hearted joke.

Totally "tongue in cheek"!

I cant get why it should be seen in other way than it really is. ........It was not meant in "any other way'!  

Hi TwoSailors

No problem.  I dont take things personally and always look at it with a very open mind.  So, everything is ok. 

AS Bud said there could be some language barriers and also cultural differences that could lead to interpret things in other way.  I always keep learning new things eveyday. 

In our latin culture a "piropo"  very fine and educated, is just something that men says to women as a compliment.  Of course that there are another type of piropos, specially at construction job sites that men said to women that pass by the street that are rude, vulgar and distasteful. 

22 hours ago, Roger B said:

Hi TwoSailors

No problem.  I dont take things personally and always look at it with a very open mind.  So, everything is ok. 

AS Bud said there could be some language barriers and also cultural differences that could lead to interpret things in other way.  I always keep learning new things eveyday. 

In our latin culture a "piropo"  very fine and educated, is just something that men says to women as a compliment.  Of course that there are another type of piropos, specially at construction job sites that men said to women that pass by the street that are rude, vulgar and distasteful. 

Did something get deleted from this thread?  I don't see anything here from TwoSailors except, "Good one!!! Uncle Doug!"  Are the Russians hacking CL?

Edited by JudyS

• Administrators
16 hours ago, JudyS said:

Did something get deleted from this thread?  I don't see anything here from TwoSailors except, "Good one!!! Uncle Doug!"  Are the Russians hacking CL?

Judy,

Not sure what the problem is here. Did you not see that this topic, as it currently exists, consists of two pages of replies? It appears you are only looking at the second of two pages. Trying to figure out how serious you were about this posting; or were you just joking?

No, things do not get deleted from CL except in extraordinary circumstances, which is not the case here.

Further, are you not aware that if there is a section of quoted text in a posting, that you can go to that quoted text by clicking on the curved, right-pointing arrow that is to the far right of the citation for that quoted extract? Try it; it works great.

To date there have been 31 attempts to hack into CL, all of which have been unsuccessful. Most of the attempts have come from Russia, but recently several from China, and a few from Europe and Africa. Monitoring of and preventing such activity is a routine management requirement for any responsible website administrator.

31 attempted hacks! That is sad that there are people out there with nothing better to do but hassle other people. That's good that you caught them. Maybe there will be a World Web Hacking Authority that will find these people and prevent them from ever getting onto the internet or incapable of using their cell phones!

Edited by TwoSailors