I'm having a custom-built kitchen with wooden support for granite countertop. Apparently also some plywood was used as support that attracted termites. So the wood needs to be replaced. Any suggestions of who can do this? Who's the foremost wood expert here or in all of Panama who's using hardwood only and might be able to rebuild the kitchen. Also, who might be able to remove and reassemble the countertop?

Some contacts are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

We used Manuel Grosso for a complete new kitchen cabinets and master bath vanity. He also built a desk for my wife that probably would of cost 3 times as much in the states. He has been in business over 20 years and he is based in David. He has done several friends/neighbors kitchens/baths/doors and he makes furniture. His work is top shelf. His attention to detail and follow up are first class. We had some issues with  a few of the cabinet doors and he came back and fixed them...no charge...and that was a year after he finished the job!

Whats App is best 6593-3689...He is a busy guy so you will have to not be in a hurry.

He can advise on granite folks.

He is the "Keith Woolford" of Wood working !

9 hours ago, JohnF13 said:

Try Embry Koonz, 6758-6701 - he has whatsapp on that number.  He has done a few kitchens with granite.  Usual disclaimer, I am not involved in his business etc, etc, etc.....

Do people who use Whatsapp not want to call you back if you have a regular phone number (not whatsapp), because they have to pay for the call?  I called him and left a voice message, and he never returned the call.  I have had this happen with other Whatsapp users.  My old iPhone won't support Whatsapp, or I would be using it too.

So as not to divert the subject of the thread, Michelle Brewer's shop does beautiful work with solid wood.  The shop is near the bottom of Volcancito Road.  6677-3299

Edited by JudyS

Embrey and his team did a fabulous job on my kitchen, indoor and now outdoor.  He will be back here Monday if you want me to pass on your info.  His cell service is sometimes iffy, but he does respond to whatsapp and even calls fairly quickly during working hours.  Try texting him if you don't have whatsapp.

Edited by DWilson

3 hours ago, DWilson said:

Embrey and his team did a fabulous job on my kitchen, indoor and now outdoor.  He will be back here Monday if you want me to pass on your info.  His cell service is sometimes iffy, but he does respond to whatsapp and even calls fairly quickly during working hours.  Try texting him if you don't have whatsapp.

Thanks, I will try texting him.