Good News/Bad News about Seasons Restaurant at Lucero

The Boquete Chicas had made arrangements with chef/manager Craig for 20+ of us to dine at Seasons today at 12 noon. The organizers had several email communications with Craig and had sent in our menu selections well in advance of the luncheon. Imagine our surprise when the group arrived and we learned that Craig had abruptly quit, and nobody knew anything about the arrangements. That's the bad news.

To their credit, the staff at Seasons rallied, had us email them a copy of the menu selections and went to work. Nelson, who used to be head waiter at both the Panamonte and The Rock got kitchen duty and turned out some fantastic meals. Enrique who used to be head waiter at Amigos did a masterful job of taking drink orders and soothing our ruffled feathers. It all ended well but you can put another notch in Craig's belt as leaving unexpectedly seems to be a pattern. The gossip is that he's going to a restaurant on Taboga Island. In my book, Taboga Island is the most boring place in Panama and you sit and count the hours until the ferry leaves to sail you back to civilization.

3 hours ago, Sandeep Lal said:

Penny I sincerely apologize to you and your group for how this event turned out. Would you please email your cell number to me slal@lucero.com.pa so I may personally arrange to host your group at my cost. I am so sorry.

Sandeep

This is a very generous offer but I don't think there is a need for us to impose upon your generosity. In the end, we were all happy and quite amazes that Nelson and Enrique, and a woman whose name I don't know managed to recover so well. Your staff is great !!!

Penny I am glad that it all worked out well. Thank you for your gracious response. The important thing is that everybody enjoyed the food and the Seasons  team took care of our guests. Our two chefs in the kitchen have done a good job while Craig was away on personal business in Miami. Craig was back in teh Kitchen at Seasons last night after a brief approved absence for personal reasons. His skills in the Kitchen will be supplemented by Nadine Wilson who is joining our team as our new restaurant manager effective March 4. Her strong administration skills and attention to detail will enhance the service level at Seasons. 

I will be back at Seasons on March 11 with my son and two grandsons and will reach out to you and see if I can make your acquaintance.

• Upvote 1

On February 24, 2017 at 3:15 PM, Penny said:

The Boquete Chicas had made arrangements with chef/manager Craig for 20+ of us to dine at Seasons today at 12 noon. The organizers had several email communications with Craig and had sent in our menu selections well in advance of the luncheon

Penny, may I ask what email address you were using to communicate with Craig? I sent an email 2 days ago to reservations@lucero.com.pa, however, no response. Our dinner is in 2 days and I'd like an alternative email if you have one. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Helene said:

Penny, may I ask what email address you were using to communicate with Craig? I sent an email 2 days ago to reservations@lucero.com.pa, however, no response. Our dinner is in 2 days and I'd like an alternative email if you have one. Thanks.

If Craig is not responding I would write directly to the owner, Sandeep Lal at slal@lucero.com.pa

Thanks Penny. I sent 3 more emails today, one to another address I was given by a friend: healthisparadise@gmail.com

If no answer by tomorrow I will email the owner, per your suggestion, I was trying to avoid that.

What a drag. I am just trying to find out about a birthday cake for my husband. Should it be this difficult? Now, only one day left! 

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies to all as I was away for a while and not checking my emails. if you would email reservations@lucero.com.pa or info@lucero.com.pa there is not reason the email should not be responded to by the Seasons team. The New blog posting today will explain the challenges. 

Edited by Admin_01
converted email address iinto a hotlink