Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So this has been niggling at my mind for some time.  Is Ambreen real, or is she a computer algorithm?  The way people/comments are treated (banned/removed) seem to indicate the latter.  Similarly, the language cadence used by Ambreen suggests computer generated speech.  Maybe it is just me, but I am getting very suspicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this real enough for you? A letter she sent replying to a request about advertising on ning...

Dear ............., Welcome to the new Boquete Ning partner program. Our team has spent the past 3 months observing the interaction of the Boquete community with Boquete Ning. We have identified multiple opportunities for businesses such as yours to start improving community visibility on Ning. Boquete Ning will be a super charged interactive site for users and businesses alike in the near future. The goal is to get the locals to participate on Ning under many platforms, create opportunities for the sponsor partners to maximize your while providing great content & exposure to help everyone succeed. For literally only about $1 per day, you can reach countless locals and thousands who are considering to be part of our community. Check out our options, maximize your exposure for success. Introductory spots are available, enroll now. All the best, Ambreen Ghazi Ning Administrator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynnie, but that's what you would expect of an algorithm... a canned response that really says nothing.  I'm getting out the tinfoil hat......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonnie, you have discovered who she is, the text of the letter and he text on your link are surely written by the same person.  And English is not her first language that is why it sounds strange.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

Could this be the one? http://www.zdatamatics.com/about-me.html

If so, she's located in Mumbai.

 

Interesting.

If that is so now I can see why you have noticed she doesn't have knowledge of the Boquete Area and why she has more errors in English language than me (I guess I am improving my English) LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm...  I disagree.   I believe this is Ambreen:

Facebook only comes up with one person with her name: https://www.facebook.com/ambreen.ghazi.10

She lives in Pakistan and belongs to more than 12 religious christian groups.   

Doing a Google search for JLM and Pakistan, the top hit is a website for Jesus Love Ministries based in Pakistan.

There is a 10 hour difference from Pakistan to Panama.   I do not recall Ambreen being online during our normal hours.   She is there early and late possibly indicating she lives on the other side of the world.

Lastly add to all of those things that there is a NEW advertiser on Ning under sponsors -  The Stephen Ministers   fitting in with the religious group idea.

So, that is my guess

 

 

Edited by Twin Wolf Technology Group
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The plot thickens. Early on I realized Ambreen was a Pakistani name. I am now beginning to understand their lack of transparency.

If you are right, this is subterfuge of the most scurrilous kind.

With Lee and Don Ray there was never any mystery about who they were and their pasts.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ambreen is a real person.

Her responses are computer-like because she learnt her English from Google Translate.

Bob Hunter has already assured us early on that ning was not associated with religious JLM foundations.

If you can't trust Bob, who can you trust?  (kidding)

http://boquete.ning.com/page/questions-asked-and-answered-about-the-new-ning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JohnF13 said:

Bonnie, love the graphics in that one, can't read the text!

AMBREEN SHAIKH

Z Datamatics is led by a team of dedicated professionals with a combined total of more than 5 year of leadership and entrepreneurial endeavors. To achieve our full potential, the company is organized around principal customer relationships and backend service provider. Ambreen Ghazi Shaikh, president of Z Datamatics  is a Bachelor in Deitician Degree holder.  Under Ambreen’s tenure, Z Datamatics has been transformed from a Small local company to an emerging leader in providing Backend service and Virtual assistance to Business owners and Individual clients with a deep and broad expertise in the Social Media Marketing and SEO. Prior to starting Z Datamatics  in 2012, Ambreen worked for 5 Year as an Customer Service Executive with Convergys. After that she has 2 year of experience in Virtual Assistance and Customer Service, Marketing and Internet Research, Data Entry and Data Mining, Email Marketing and campaigns (Infusion soft, Aweber and Mail chimp),Social Media page management, tweets and post creation (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn),Ad Posting to Cragslist, Kajiji, Word Press, Ebay, and Amazon, etc. Expert on Word Press and can customize Tumblr as well, knowledge of Google hangout, Content Development for Website and Blog and other white paper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Twin Wolf Technology Group said:

Hmmm...  I disagree.   I believe this is Ambreen:

Facebook only comes up with one person with her name: https://www.facebook.com/ambreen.ghazi.10

She lives in Pakistan and belongs to more than 12 religious christian groups.   

Doing a Google search for JLM and Pakistan, the top hit is a website for Jesus Love Ministries based in Pakistan.

There is a 10 hour difference from Pakistan to Panama.   I do not recall Ambreen being online during our normal hours.   She is there early and late possibly indicating she lives on the other side of the world.

Lastly add to all of those things that there is a NEW advertiser on Ning under sponsors -  The Stephen Ministers   fitting in with the religious group idea.

So, that is my guess

 

 

The Pakistanti Ambreen is a nurse; the Indian Ambreen provides website service. There is also a 10 hour or so time difference between India and Panama.

The Stephen Ministers is a local group, headed by Steve Mainero and San Juan Bautista Catholic Church, that provides services to gringos such as transportation, translation, visiting, delivery of food, etc. It's notice was on the site before Lee left. I know Steve and can comfortably say that he is not involved in JLM Foundaton, whoever they may be.

As I pointed out early in all of this, there is a JLM (Jesus Loves Me) Foundation already operating in Panama. But any connection with that group was denied. The coincidence remains strong, however.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What puzzles me is why the new owner of the site who outsourced his monitoring service for Ning to Ambreen and Z Datamatics didn't see early how his investment was being dismantled and do something about it.  It makes no sense to me.

Edited by Brundageba
correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonnie, you raise some good points.   Examining my assumptions, I assumed that Ambreen was part of the JLM Foundation and had not considered she was hired or outsourced.  When I read the description on Datamatics site, I considered the list of talents to be beyond Ambreen's capabilities.   However, a new thought has crossed my mind.   Perhaps Bob Hunter has multiple web site investments, not just Ning.   I have often wondered what else Bob Hunter does as a business man given his lack of concern for the obvious destruction to the value of Ning as an asset.

I see many things that lend weight to your claim that Ambreen is a hired as an outsourced moderator.   It makes me wonder how much she is getting paid and why Bob Hunter continues down this road.   I do not see any return on investment nor a legitimate goal.   Everyone loves a mystery, I guess that is why we keep watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Her name is Ambreen Ghazi.  At least that is how she signed her name in the letter she sent out about advert rates.

After having noticed the change of slide show pictures on ning this morning, I am now convinced that Ambreen is Malaysian!  I could barely contain myself when I saw the picture of the woman selling fruit wearing the non la bamboo hat!  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New tee shirts available:

"I am breened."

Only $9.99 Balboas!

(All proceeds support the wryawry retirement fund.)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chica de Chiriqui said:

Her name is Ambreen Ghazi.  At least that is how she signed her name in the letter she sent out about advert rates.

After having noticed the change of slide show pictures on ning this morning, I am now convinced that Ambreen is Malaysian!  I could barely contain myself when I saw the picture of the woman selling fruit wearing the non la bamboo hat!  

Bonnie posted the link 17 hours ago and I posted the print text that JohnF13 said he couldn't read. Within that the name 

Ambreen Ghazi Shaikh

was there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Twin Wolf Technology Group said:

Bonnie, you raise some good points.   Examining my assumptions, I assumed that Ambreen was part of the JLM Foundation and had not considered she was hired or outsourced.  When I read the description on Datamatics site, I considered the list of talents to be beyond Ambreen's capabilities.   However, a new thought has crossed my mind.   Perhaps Bob Hunter has multiple web site investments, not just Ning.   I have often wondered what else Bob Hunter does as a business man given his lack of concern for the obvious destruction to the value of Ning as an asset.

I see many things that lend weight to your claim that Ambreen is a hired as an outsourced moderator.   It makes me wonder how much she is getting paid and why Bob Hunter continues down this road.   I do not see any return on investment nor a legitimate goal.   Everyone loves a mystery, I guess that is why we keep watching.

There is speculation on the Boquete News FB page that Bob /JLM wasn't/isn't so much interested in Boquete.ning as Lee's other sites that were sold along with it.  Those sites are apparently rather lucrative.  Since any further information I have is mere hearsay, I'll leave it at that.

 

Edited by Deborah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Twin Wolf Technology Group said:

Bonnie, you raise some good points.   Examining my assumptions, I assumed that Ambreen was part of the JLM Foundation and had not considered she was hired or outsourced.  When I read the description on Datamatics site, I considered the list of talents to be beyond Ambreen's capabilities.   However, a new thought has crossed my mind.   Perhaps Bob Hunter has multiple web site investments, not just Ning.   I have often wondered what else Bob Hunter does as a business man given his lack of concern for the obvious destruction to the value of Ning as an asset.

I see many things that lend weight to your claim that Ambreen is a hired as an outsourced moderator.   It makes me wonder how much she is getting paid and why Bob Hunter continues down this road.   I do not see any return on investment nor a legitimate goal.   Everyone loves a mystery, I guess that is why we keep watching.

Take a look at the rest of her site - mostly empty. Google her address - Monarch Galaxy, Flat No 303, Plot No 503, Sector 36 Seawoods-Nerul 400706

I would have almost no doubt that she is building a business for herself by offering services to developers like JLM.

Ning is only one mystery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...