Rainbows in the Boquete Sky

With the high winds and the bajarecques, this is the time of the year for rainbows. Here is a quick grab shot with my iPhone while we were going into town for errands recently. Not one of the more spectacular rainbow shots I have ever seen, but still worth sharing for our newcomers to enjoy.

On a really good day, I have seen double (and very infrequently triple) rainbows. The real treat is a moonbow, which is extremely rare here.

5899db71a140d_2017-02-0418_00.40cropped.thumb.jpg.010d52831364e6ecd1cccb71339ec91d.jpg

• 11 months later...

We are again enjoying some early morning rainbows. 'Tis that time of the year. Unfortunately no pictures right now as my camera is broken. Just look ourside early in the mornings, or late afternoons and you may be greeted with a pleasant reminder of Mother Nature at work.

For newcomers: CEFATI is a good place to see rainbows in the late afternoon hours, typically starting about 4:30PM for an hour or so.

On 2/7/2017 at 12:18 PM, JudyS said:

I have seen a couple of moonbows.  They were silver with some very pale rainbow coloring..  Really amazing!  I never saw one before I moved here.

I too have seen my first moonbows since living here.  Amazing.  But, I'm starting to be a grouch when seeing the morning rainbows at my house.  I often see rainbows that rise and fall across the valley for 4 hours or more.  Now, they are beautiful, but..... 4 hour rainbows for us up in Palo Alto means 4 hours or more of drizzle.  Enough of the rainbows!!  Who knew l'd become the old lady who yells stuff like "tell the kids to keep off my grass!!! "?   haha

This has been an extraordinarily wet January in Palo Alto. This is usually a dry month with substantial wind, but I don't believe we've had a total of more than four or five days--maybe less--when we haven't had rain of some kind. I'm becoming depressed, and one of my dogs has an intractable skin fungus brought on by all the moisture. Of course, in past Januarys I was complaining about how dry it was.

• 4 weeks later...

I am always fascinated by the beauty of a rainbow. This morning while heading into Bajo Boquete I snapped this picture. This is a grab shot taken with an old'ish iPhone, and not exactly vertical orientation, but you can get the idea.

rainbow-20180221.thumb.jpg.3035754e6d42d64fd5c962fa9436a8ee.jpg

• 9 months later...

I've always been fascinated by rainbows (and then upon arriving in Boquete long ago, also with moonbows). Here is a shot taken with a low quality cell phone late afternoon last Thursday, December 6th, on the street where the eShop and Multibank are located. Subjective opinion is that the image does not do justice to what we saw that afternoon. It was much more vivid than depicted here.

The rainbow season has started in Boquete. Isn't it wonderful!

Rainbox.thumb.jpg.9cf2c8e257b03f2558a61843910e3b05.jpg