If we choose to "Ignore" a member, will they still be able to see our posts?

Chica de Chiriqui

Question

3 answers to this question

• Administrators

First off, I apologize because this is going to be a long response.

Several embedded questions and issues here.

If a member opts to "ignore" another member's postings, there is no reverse "ignore" that is automatically turned on. To "ignore" is a unidirectional tool.

Yes, it is the software that we run that lists the photos in the activity stream, providing that the photos (or postings) meet the criteria that one sets in their filter options.

I am having some difficulty with the definition of the term "personal photos". Most photos, unless they have been plagiarized (either with or without credit/permission) from other sources, are in fact "personal photos". If they are plagiarized, then there might be issues with copyright violations, which would then raise the issue of violating some of our Terms and Rules. That does not appear to be the situation here.

I believe the reference to "personal photos" here is to the 15 photos that were posted earlier today in a gallery dedicated to Hil (at his request and in compliance with our Terms and Rules), and then further subordinated in an album that had been created by the originator. It is my understanding that those photos were all taken on a comarca in the Tolé area. These are not "personal photos" in the sense of someone's birthday or anniversary photos in one's living room or backyard. Given that Tolé is part of the Chiriqui Province, it appears that the photos are about life in Chiriqui, which is what this website is about.

Going further, I have received some favorable feedback via private message and email that some members have appreciated that the photos were posted, but that they were wanting more information about when the photos were taken and some basic title or annotation so that viewers would know more about what they were looking at. That request for annotation had already been sent to Hal by me via private message, prior to my seeing this Q&A post. It is Hal's choice to annotate or not. As I mentioned to Hal in that private message, I don't understand why those members did not ask Hal directly either by private message or posting a reply to his photos. Maybe they are shy, or did not want to appear critical of someone.

This website is not wanting to censor, restrict, or otherwise limit what people post as long as our Terms and Rules are complied with.

In summary, I can only conclude the photos appear to be in full compliance with our Terms and Rules. If I have missed something here, please let me know.

Not sure where to go now. Are we talking about asking for a change in our Terms and Rules?

Feedback solicited

4 minutes ago, Chica de Chiriqui said:

I don't want to see personal photos posted, it clogs up the activity stream.  If I ignore the member, will they still be able to see my posts?

I agree with not wanting to see these personal photos. While they are nice they belong in an album.

4 hours ago, Chica de Chiriqui said:

I don't want to see personal photos posted, it clogs up the activity stream.  If I ignore the member, will they still be able to see my posts?

I post all my photos in an Album. It's the software running them in activity not me.