• 2 weeks later...

The main address for the Panama taxation department is https://dgi.mef.gob.pa/

Click on DGI En Linea.

I used this website yesterday to fill out and submit my annual corporate income tax form (called "La Renta")

However, I can't figure out where to find the section where I enter the property RUC and my NIT and find out how much property tax I owe.

Hopefully, somebody with better Spanish skills can figure lit out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2017 at 6:32 AM, Penny said:

The main address for the Panama taxation department is https://dgi.mef.gob.pa/

Click on DGI En Linea.

I used this website yesterday to fill out and submit my annual corporate income tax form (called "La Renta")

However, I can't figure out where to find the section where I enter the property RUC and my NIT and find out how much property tax I owe.

Hopefully, somebody with better Spanish skills can figure lit out.

Does this web site help?

https://etax2.mef.gob.pa/etax2web/Login.aspx#

"e-Tax 2.0" rolled out last year, connecting to it does not seem to be easy.

jim

In most cases you will pay the same as last year. I took my last years bill to the Panama tax department (down the side street by the casiono of F sur) and they verified that it was the same amount. Interesting enough -- you cannot pay your taxes there. You have to go to Banco Nacional or Caja de Ahorros.

48 minutes ago, Penny said:

I took my last years bill to the Panama tax department (down the side street by the casiono of F sur) and they verified that it was the same amount. Interesting enough -- you cannot pay your taxes there. You have to go to Banco Nacional or Caja de Ahorros.

DGI offices stopped receiving payments onsite after a major robbery in PC last year. 

Is there some confusion here between annual corporation fees and and actual property taxes?

It's my understanding that many homes constructed during the last 20 years are still exempt from property taxes, under a program to encourage home ownership and economic activity initiated by the government of Martin Torrijos.

Edited by Keith Woolford

2 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

Is there some confusion here between annual corporation fees and and actual property taxes?

It's my understanding that many homes constructed during the last 20 years are still exempt from property taxes, under a program to encourage home ownership and economic activity initiated by the government of Martin Torrijos.

It's my understanding that the house may be exempt, but the land on which it sits is not. In any case, I pay property tax in January (even though I have the 20-year exemption) and annual corporation fees in June or July.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bonnie said:

My lawyer did it for me

My previous post is inaccurate or unclear. I was unsure of what I owed in property taxes and couldn't find it online, so I asked my lawyer how I could access this information.  He did it for me rather than give me a website. I personally paid the tax, which was the same as last year, at the Caja de Ahorros.

46 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

DGI offices stopped receiving payments onsite after a major robbery in PC last year. 

We visited the DGI office in David earlier this month and noticed three (3) armed policemen near the front door. Our first thought was another robbery had occurred. But with closer attention we realized the officers were just monitoring customers entering the building. 

No cash transactions available at this location in the foreseeable future we were told.

1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

It's my understanding that the house may be exempt, but the land on which it sits is not. In any case, I pay property tax in January (even though I have the 20-year exemption) and annual corporation fees in June or July.

Correcto, Bonnie. I forgot about that because our place also has a tax exemption on the lot (due to it's value being under $30,000 at the time of construction), and I just have the Tasa Unica to deal with.