Resident Passes for Feria Bridge

What is needed to acquire a resident pass to cross the Feria Bridge during peak times during this festival?  I do understand that they can be obtained at the Mayor's office, and maybe even at a building just north of the fairgrounds.  How do I show that I'm a resident on the east side of the Caldera?  My drivers license or cedula sure doesn't prove it. Is any proof required at all?

Here's what you do: drive up the Jaramillo Arriba road. Just past the school on the right and the basketball court on the left is the Corrigadora's office on the left. There is a sign on the door. Tell her you need a "ticket para la feria" and she will understand what you want. She wants your plate number, your name, the type and color of your vehicle. She will issue you a pass to drive past the feria. However, common sense dictates that you don't do it after 5 or 6 every night. The road is packed with pedestrians and you basically have to tap them with your bumper to get them to move. Also, going around the Alto LIno loop isn't a good option after dark. There are many drunks wearing dark clothes walking on the road during feria. Best option is to stay home after 5 pm for the ten days of feria.

Thanks for the advice.  I think I will get the pass but will utilize the loop most of the time.  

This is kind of like  having the Super Bowl  on  your front porch, except instead of it being roughly 3 hours long, it's a week and a half.  Small sacrifice to make for the economic benefit it brings to the city....

Edited by Uncle Doug