Sign in to follow this  
Bajareque

body shop and recycling

I need some minor body work done on a 2010 X-Trail. Can anyone recommend a good local body shop?

And on another topic: Is there any recycling going on in Boquete nowadays or are we left to our own devices?

There is a recycling facility across the street from La Posada, the Argentinian Restaurant just before the curve on main street.

For body shop work, I use Levis. He has a sign on the bus stop shelter just a little past CEFATI. Go down that road until it basically ends (i.e., turns into a cow path). Turn right and you will see his business.

And, wow, have you ever needed a body shop lately. :D

What does the recycling place take? Glass? Plastic? Paper?

1 hour ago, Bajareque said:

What does the recycling place take? Glass? Plastic? Paper?

The recycle place takes all of those, including tetrapacks (the boxes milk and juice come in), cardboard and cans (aluminum and tin cans, which are really steel I think).  They also take car batteries, and they purchase scrap metal.  Be sure you clean the tetrapacks and cans.  They don't like dirty things.

11 hours ago, Bonnie said:

And, wow, have you ever needed a body shop lately. :D

When you drive a gold X-Trail and there's 30 more identical cars in Boquete, a few dents help identify and individualize the car. ;)

There's a guy named Phillip Hagen who has recently opened a body shop. However, I think he specializes in older cars with a need for flashy paint.

classiclandcruiserexports@gmail.com