Edwin is across the street from Dr. Chen's office, or just a few doors north of Melo's in Boquete.

Edwin used to be management at Nelvis Restaurant, which was located in a house behind Plaza Los Establos and just a few doors south of the church across from the main elementary school. Nelvis was sold, and Edwin is now doing his new thing in a smaller facility, but with the same tipico menu, great service, and low prices.

Highly recommended.

Cafe Boquete next to Policia National.

Typico runs between $3 and $3.50 depending on the meat.  A bowl of chicken, yuca, rice, and corn soup for $1.50.  Beers are $1 but beware sodas such as Coca Cola are $1.50!  Breakfast items under 25 cents so breakfast and a cup of coffee for under $2.  Great fried bread.

They've got a BBQ smoker outside and advertise rib dinners on Friday and Saturday nights for $14.  I've never tried them but they must be good for that price since they're always busy.

Indoor and outdoor seating and a television inside that they do not play at alarming sound levels!  I would say the patron ratio is about 1/3 expats.  I've also seen locals arrive with large tupperware type plastic containers and purchase in bulk for take out as opposed to the traditional white plastic single serving containers which they offer.  Very fast service too.

Note that Google Maps has it located on the wrong side of the street where there used to be another eatery.

Cafe Boquete SMALL .jpg

Maria serves a great lunch out of her home for $3.00.  A lot of Panamanian government workers eat there.  Turn left at Multi Bank and she is on the left after the stop sign next to a home that is being refurbished and across the street from the big wooden clad house on the big lot which is also being refurbished.

Maria is directly across the street from the big 3 story house on a large lot that is being refurbed.  I believe she is the 5th or 6th house.  At lunch there are a number of county vehicles there, you can't miss it.  The meal is a traditional Panamanian meal and I do not believe you have choices.  The food is good and chicken falls off the bone.