Alto Al Crimen Medical Discount Plan Announcement

NewsLady

Several people have requested a list of doctors and licensed professionals at Hospital Cooperativo in David.

This is the hospital whose low-cost medical discount plan is being made available on an annual basis by Alto al Crimen.  A description of the plan and an English translation of the contract may be found in an Alto al Crimen post above in this topic  thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOCTORS AND LICENSED PROFESSIONALS AFFILIATED WITH HOSPITAL COOPERATIVO

CARDIOLOGY

Dr. Jose Rangel

SURGERY

Dr. Jose Isabel Gonzalez

DERMATOLOGY

Dr. Abel Espin

Dra. Zulay Saldana

PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION

Dr. Eric Cabrera

PHYSICAL THERAPY

Lic. Fabian Martinez

GYNECOLOGY

Dr. Manual Heredia

Dr. Marcos Achurra

Dra. Ana Lio Becerra

INTERNAL MEDICINE

Dr. Caesar De Gracia

Dr. Amilcar Hurtado

Dr. Carlos Shellhorm

Dr. Ruben Castillo

NUTRITIONIST

Licda. Lilia Franco

ORTHOPEDIST

Dr. Esteban Munoz

OTOLARYNGOLOGIST

Dra. Alma Pedroza

PEDIATRICIAN

Dr. Antonio Jones

Dr. Manuel Thomas

PSYCHOLOGIST

Lic. Lourdes Serrano

Lic. Fatima Pitti

Lic. Luis Vallester

Lic. Yarmein Flauzil

Lic. Eanny Nunex

REUMATOLOGIST

Dr. Cesar Fraize

UROLOGIST

Dr. Reinaldo Ross

Dra. O'brien

Calls may be made to Hospital Cooperativo at 775-6666. The hospital operator may refer you to another number.   Prices are lower than at other hospitals, and the discount plan makes them even lower.  Final sign-ups for this year will be after the Alto al Crimen report to the community at the January 17 Tuesday meeting at BCP.

On 12/19/2016 at 7:16 AM, Bonnie said:

From the Rodny Direct notice: " Rodny is not authorized to publish the Mae Lewis price list . . . ."

I seriously doubt--and I'm sure Mark will correct me if I'm wrong--that a telephone call to determine the cost of a hospital service would constitute a "consultation." If I correctly understand the roles of Irma and Gloria, it is to serve as facilitators or mediators with the hospital/doctors if needed.

Phone numbers, as published in the RD notice:

Irma Castillo Smith: 6716-2843

Gloria Martinez: 730-5263 or 730-5960

As I recall, Irma does not speak English. Does Gloria? Or does one consult with them via Rodny?

Perhaps Mark or Rodny can tell us the qualifications of Irma and Gloria to serve in this capacity.

Irma speaks fluent english.

• Downvote 1

On 12/19/2016 at 9:06 AM, MarkoBoquete said:

Anyone who attended the Tuesday Meeting where Irma and Gloria spoke knows that they speak perfect English and are consummate professionals. Mae Lewis doesn't publicly publish a price list for the same reason as all other hospitals - prices change and the services are complex.  Keep It Simple Panama has offered the first hour of consulting to Rodny Direct members for free. 

Again, if you were at the Tuesday Meeting, you will recall that Irma received cheers and applause from audience members who had been her clients when she was administering MS Panama insurance at Hospital Chiriqui. She has worked for many years inside the health industry in Panama and now as Keep It Simple Panama knows how to navigate the system on behalf of her Rodny Direct members and private clients. 

Sorry. I had my Irmas mixed up.

Hil, I don't understand your choice to repeat these posts relating to Irma in this thread, which is devoted not to Rodny Direct but to AAC. It may confuse people. For the record, Irma Castillo, who DOES speak English, is the medical facilitator associated with the Mae Lewis plan offered by Rodny Direct. She is not associated with the AAC Hospital Cooperativa plan.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Bonnie said:

Sorry. I had my Irmas mixed up.

Hil, I don't understand your choice to repeat these posts relating to Irma in this thread, which is devoted not to Rodny Direct but to AAC. It may confuse people. For the record, Irma Castillo, who DOES speak English, is the medical facilitator associated with the Mae Lewis plan offered by Rodny Direct. She is not associated with the AAC Hospital Cooperativa plan.

You misunderstood my statement;

"Irma  Speaks Fluent English"

Nothing more  nothing  less. I could care less who represents who.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Hil said:

You misunderstood my statement;

"Irma  Speaks Fluent English"

Nothing more  nothing  less. I could care less who represents who.

And you misunderstood mine. Mark had already clarified this in an earlier post under an RD thread. Bringing it up again in an AAC thread might result in confusion.

Alto al Crimen and Hospital Cooperativo Mark Partnership in Medical Discount Plan

TOMGIVESCHECKTODR.WONGSMALL.jpg?width=750

Tom Counter, vice president and acting treasurer of Alto al Crimen presents a check for more than $6,000 to Dr. Luis Wong, Director of Hospital Cooperativo.

On January 5, 2017 Alto al Crimen delivered to Hospital Cooperativo the first batch of contracts from local expats who have joined the Plan Solidario medical discount plan offered by the hospital.

Under the Alto al Crimen implementation of the plan, residents join and make a single payment for one year, saving them and the hospital the inconvenience of monthly payments. Each member will be issued a wallet identification card for the plan (carnet). When presented, the card entitles the member to a range of discounts from 25% to 50% for various medical services, materials and prescription medicines.

Hospital Cooperativo is unique in all of Panama and has been providing low-cost cooperative medical care in David for about thirty years. AAC is pleased to be able to facilitate memberships in a good plan in partnership with this fine member of the medical community.

An open season for enrollment in the plan will continue until January 17 when final enrollments will be available after the Alto al Crimen Tuesday Meeting report to the community at BCP.