Punta de Oro rewards program

About a year ago, I signed up for the Punto de Oro card at the Boquete Romero.  Now, I've accumulated over 20,000 points.

With my limited grasp of Spanish so far, I understand that it's now the program time period to redeem the points.  But how exactly does one do that?

Am I supposed to grab an item from the display shelf at the front of the store and take it to the cashier? Or is that "display only"?

I've tried to decipher the Punto de Oro website, and I think it says that I can apply the points to my current purchase of groceries at the time.  But I'm not sure.  If it's easier to trade points for a couple bottles of Holiday booze, I wouldn't complain all that much.  But the catalog of "prizes" looks like a better bargain.

How do you guys redeem your points?

I have paid for my groceries with my points.  Just tell the clerk at checkout that you want to pay with your points. 

I have never used points to buy the appliances, etc that are displayed, so I don't know how that works.

• Upvote 1

On 12/7/2016 at 9:43 PM, JudyS said:

I have paid for my groceries with my points.  Just tell the clerk at checkout that you want to pay with your points. 

I have never used points to buy the appliances, etc that are displayed, so I don't know how that works.

Judy & Uncle Doug:

It is easy to redeem your points.  You should go to the place inside El Rey.  There you should spot the appliance you are interested and check if they are covered by the points you have accumulated. The appliances have in their boxes some stickers that shows the amount of points needed to get them.  If everything is ok.  You ask for to redeem your points for that appliance.  You should show your Punto de Oro Card and your cedula.  They will do some paperwork and reduce from your account the points used and that's it.  You go home with your new appliance.  My wife got an electric knife, and blender, a toaster as I can recall.

On 12/8/2016 at 7:23 PM, MJ said:

Use your points now!  I had 17,000+ points and they expired because I left for 6 months...  wish I would have known  :-)

As I can recall the points you get in Punto de Oro from El Rey, Farmacias Metro, Romero... dont expire.  

Novey's, Do it Center.... they do expire.  I have never used or accumulated enough points with those programs from Novey or Do It Center