Birth of a New Newspaper / News Blog: The Chiriquí Times

• Moderators
Picture

About Us

Picture

The Natural Solutions Foundation is pleased to announce the formation of the new Chiriquí Times — a newspaper and web site serving all of Chiriquí Province and its main towns of David, Volcan and Boquete, and incorporating The Bajareque Noticeas, a tourist paper published since 2005 in Boquete and Chiriquí-Libre, a local newspaper published in Volcan.
        Co-Publishers: Maj Gen Bert Stubblebine  (US Army, Ret) and Rima E. Laibow MD
        Editor: David Dell
   As members of the Chiriquí community, the Trustees of the Valley of the Moon Eco Demonstration Project, www.MyValleyoftheMoon.org and www.NaturalSoltuionsFoundation.org, recognized the need for a paper serving the needs of Panamanian and foreign Chircanos - people from Chiriquí - as well as the vigorous tourist population.
  Chiriquí Times is a newspaper for those who farm in Chiriquí, Panama's fertile breadbasket, those who live here and those who come to see our wonders and fall in love with our people, our scenery and our special way of life.
   The Valley of the Moon Eco Demonstration Project was created by the Natural Solutions Foundation, an international, supporter-supported NGO, active and registered in several countries, including as a “nonprofit private interest foundation…” in the Republic of Panama (called the "Panamanian Foundation" on this site) and as a not for profit 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization in the United States (called the "US Foundation" here). This memorandum outlines the intent of the Trustees with regard to the Foundation’s Valley of the Moon Eco Community (VOTMEC) demonstration project for private inquiries. The Foundation was established in 2004 in the United States and in 2008 in the Republic of Panama, by Rima E. Laibow, MD and Maj. Gen. Bert Stubblebine (US Army, Ret.). The Board of Trustees also includes our Foundation Counsel, Ralph Fucetola JD.
   The Mission of the Foundation is to discover, develop, document, demonstrate and disseminate natural solutions to the issues which threaten our health, food and freedom, achieving and maintaining a healthy self, community and world.

Please consider donating to support the work of the Foundation, including the Chiriquí Times! Tax Exemption availabe to US tax payers.

http://chiriquitimes.weebly.com/about-us.html

That publication has not been active for years. I'm sure, as always, that the NFS founders would love your donation, however. Last I heard, these folks were continuing their "operations" in Chile, until General Bert got sick. Regardless of how you view these folks, they have offered a ton of entertainment value over the years, and I thank them for that.

• Upvote 1

After looking at their web site I do not understand why they are listed on CL other then to solicit donations? If you go to the two other web sites listed above one goes to a  site in Japan and the other is to a dead link. Donor beware! Let's see what they publish first.

Just a thought.

6 hours ago, MarieElaine said:

Are these legendary activities good or bad?  

I do not believe Dr Laibow is here anymore. I think Chile is where she resides currently.  I curiously kept abreast of her writings for years...taking much with a grain of salt while wearing my foil hat.  Some of it I did find rather interesting. 

See: Health Freedom Alliance

Edited by Brundageba

Bud

These folks fled to Peru years ago. In fact I think General Bert may be dead. And, as you know, The Bajareque Times has long ceased to exist. And Chiriqui Libre is not a newspaper, it's a yahoo group with almost no moderation started by a Volcan resident named Reggie.

You've been hoodwinked.

No, a number of mistakes in your post, Penny. NSF founders Laibow & Stubblebine moved to Chile several years back. No reports that the General is dead, but he apparently is in grave condition in a hospital in New Jersey. Chiriqui Libre was INDEED the name of an online newspaper - started by David Dell. Quite interesting, actually, but the functionality of the site was never very good, and most of the articles seem to have disappeared.

http://www.yourpanama.com/chiriqui-libre-january-2013.html

• Administrators
On 11/20/2016 at 7:00 AM, Penny said:

Bud

These folks fled to Peru years ago. In fact I think General Bert may be dead. And, as you know, The Bajareque Times has long ceased to exist. And Chiriqui Libre is not a newspaper, it's a yahoo group with almost no moderation started by a Volcan resident named Reggie.

You've been hoodwinked.

This has been an interesting topic. The subject was brought to our attention verbally by a non-member of CL (and thus no CL posting privileges). That person requested that this information be published. We normally do not post content for the public, but felt this might be more of a community service rather than an individual interest type post, and so we consented. We did no vetting and took the web link at face value.

Now it turns out that out that CL's members have filled in a lot of background information. Thank you for doing that.

Given this additional information, we did do a bit of research this morning. It does appear that Major General Stubblebine is still alive (no evidence of his passing could be found; note that Wikipedia among other websites has an article on him). There also appears to be a bit of conspiracy theory involvement on his part after his retirement, but I won't elaborate further on that.

Insofar as Dr.  Rima E. Laibow is concerned, there are a lot of websites discussing her "achievements", thoughts, and claims. Some of that information involves ebola, nano-silver treatments, cancer treatments, CIA mind "raping" experiments, etc. I choose not to pursue any of that any further.

The bottom line here is that the Chiriquí Times website, although still active, is not a new and probably not a viable media resource. We could find no information cutoff dates for the content that is displayed on that website.

Our recommendation is to let this topic fade into history. We do not see a reason to remove this content, but could "lock" this topic if our members think it appropriate. Your feedback and suggestions are solicited.

On 11/19/2016 at 9:03 AM, Esther said:

Amazed that Gen. Stubblebine and Dr Laibow are still around: their activities in Volcan are legendary.

Yes, lock it.  It is ancient history and weird IMHO.

Edited by JudyS
  • Upvote 1

Yes, it is mostly ancient history, although these folks still have holdings on the west side of the mountain that were once the focus of some very grandiose plans. Weird? Yes but also VERY interesting life histories. See Jon Ronson's book "The Men Who Stare At Goats" for more about General Stubblebine. A pretty good read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Men_Who_Stare_at_Goats

Edited by Gordon Bakke
  • Upvote 1