New Item at PriceSmart

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been making my own English muffins for a couple of years now using the recipe below. The process to make them takes a couple of days, letting the starter work and rising time, but your hands on time is minimal. They're better than any packaged English muffin and I estimate they cost less than a dollar for twelve. They also freeze wonderfully.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-english-muffins-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchen-106360

3 hours ago, Jim and Judi said:

I've been making my own English muffins for a couple of years now using the recipe below. The process to make them takes a couple of days, letting the starter work and rising time, but your hands on time is minimal. They're better than any packaged English muffin and I estimate they cost less than a dollar for twelve. They also freeze wonderfully.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-english-muffins-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchen-106360

Thanks for the recipe, and thanks Sassy Blake for the notice about Price Smart muffins.

• Upvote 1

Here are the responses from the buyers regarding the items you suggested:

Products previously tested and discontinued due to low demand (not planning on repeating)

·         Fresh Artichokes – due to low demand

·         Pepper Jack Cheese

English Muffins – the buyer says that the product PriceSmart offers is a higher quality than Thomas Muffins, which means that the top and bottom muffin are almost the same size and can be used for sandwiches.  Enjoy!  Please note that due to seasonal bakery products for the holiday season that we need to make room for, sometimes the English Muffins are temporarily inactive during Oct/Nov/Dec due to space constraints.

Marinated Artichokes – will be rotated in from time to time.  Will let you know if/when they are back in stock!

Melissa Twohey

Vice President, Corporate Foods

Edited by Sassy Blake
I choose to remove a personal statement directed to me from Melissa.

18 hours ago, Sassy Blake said:

Here are the responses from the buyers regarding the items you suggested:

Products previously tested and discontinued due to low demand (not planning on repeating)

·         Fresh Artichokes – due to low demand

·         Pepper Jack Cheese

Hard to believe there wasn't enough demand for pepper jack cheese. Everybody I know is wishing it would come back.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:13 AM, Sassy Blake said:

Just to let you know PriceSmart has English Muffins!

The ones that Morts had last week were delicious - they even held over well to the next day. They said they were a new item because of their new "guest" baker.

Edited by Bill Uhlman
added detail

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Admin_01 changed the title to New Item at PriceSmart