Hi we live in the Boquete area part-time and would love to purchase a midsize used recent model SUV.  Which one(s) the best for driving around in the David/Boquete area? Also needed for hauling stuff and for hauling 4-5 people comfortably... Should we purchase in Panama or in the US and ship it over? Any warnings/ideas/kudos/issues, etc. we should know about?

Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated! Thank you! D & L

You should talk with Keith Woolford. He is known as "the car guy". His display name here on CL is @Keith Woolford.

• Upvote 1

I have an AWD Nissan X Trail for sale.  2009' 140xxx kms, great condition.  Gas, oil changes every 5k.  Good, clean honest car that is common around here.  $9200.  Give me a call 6579-3388 or email johnferguson 1301 @ gmail dot com.. (Take out spaces)

Do a search on the advisability of importing. Lots of trouble and potentially lots of money.

13 hours ago, DeDeW said:

Hi we live in the Boquete area part-time and would love to purchase a midsize used recent model SUV.  Which one(s) the best for driving around in the David/Boquete area? Also needed for hauling stuff and for hauling 4-5 people comfortably... Should we purchase in Panama or in the US and ship it over? Any warnings/ideas/kudos/issues, etc. we should know about?

Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated! Thank you! D & L

Quality of life here can be directly proportional to vehicle investment.

Let me know if I can help you with a car purchase.  keithwoolford@gmail.com

Just reduced the price on my 2009 X Trail to $7500.  Johnferguson1301@gmail.com.