Charlie's Pet Fashion is located between Union Fenosa and Airbox on the main street of Boquete. This pet boutique sells most everything you need for your pet. From food (the finest - Royal Canine) to accessories and toys, clothes for most breeds, collars, leashes and barking collars, and specialty dietary foods. As we are just starting out we would love to get your input. What is it you need that we can order?

Our hours are Monday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. We are closed during lunch from 12:00 until 1:00pm.

We will be accepting credit cards in the near future, for now we are a cash only business. Sorry about that.PhotoGrid_1473354691449.jpg20160829_220014.jpg

On 9/16/2016 at 2:33 PM, Uncle Doug said:

I am surmising that "pet" means "dog", correct?

Your question is intriguing to me. Why would one ask such a question? It might be that all of the images of a pet on the storefront of this establishment are only of dogs. Or perhaps you have had an experience in your life that makes this important. Would you care to share?

To my way of thinking, the term pet means different things based on the region in which used. In western countries, methinks for sure both dogs and cats. In some Malaysian, Indonesian and Southeast Asian countries, it could include an elephant. In some African (and possibly South American indigenous cultures) it might include snakes. In the Philippines, possibly to include monkeys. Etc.

A dictionary definition of pet is typically along the line of "a domesticated animal kept for pleasure or companionship rather than utility". That line of thought then begs for the definition of domesticated. I won't go further down that line.

The Spanish term mascota generally translates as pet. Most stores and people that I am familiar with in our region and that are involved with mascotas include both dogs and cats.

Not trying to go pedantic on anyone here, but I think you get my drift: there is no simple and correct answer to your question. For our part of the world, I suggest that the term includes both cats and dogs. You get to decide what works for you.

Bud, it's not just that the animals on the storefront are dogs, but also that every product pictured is for dogs.  I have two cats as pets, so it wasn't as deep a question as it may have appeared.

Perhaps I should have phrased the question as "Does this pet store carry products for pets that are not canine?"

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Uncle Doug said:

Perhaps I should have phrased the question as "Does this pet store carry products for pets that are not canine?"

Doug, yupper, the reworded version of the question did take me in the direction that you wanted to go.

I wasn't trying to be snippy, just having some fun here. As I get older I find the growing importance of being clear with communications. So I was sharing a bit more about who I am.

Hope you have a great day too. :D

I stopped in to this place today and spoke with the owner. They carry Royal Canin cat food in adult, hairball and kitten formulas. While not my favorite brand, it's not a bad food and better than anything else available in town. It appeared to be the only brand they had. So I told the owner that if she keeps it stocked, I will buy exclusively from her shop. She assured me they will not let it become sold out. I sure hope so but time will tell. 

Edited by Jim and Judi