Huge Flea Market today (Sunday) 10 - 1 pm

The flea market at Chiriqui Storage today will be huge. About 70 or so vendors. Everything from soup to nuts. Also good food and drinks.

We're collecting money to help with Marion Clamp's medical bills and we're circulating a petition asking the government to do something about juvenile crime in Panama.

Penny's famous Berard's all-beef hot dogs are still only a dollar. Lots of other stuff for lunch. The gates open at 10 AM. The flea market is located on the Chiriqui Storage grounds . . . about 1.5km north of the Dolega Terpel gas station on the East side of the David-Boquete road.

flea_market__2.thumb.jpg.6f5d2028211453e

How did the petition go?  Folks in my Neighborhood Watch community would like to get more signed and to you. Many could not make it to Chiriqui Storage Swap meet.  We will be having a get-together Nov 10...might be a good time.   Meanwhile I would like to get some of those petitions and make them available ASAP to our folks here in Brisas.

Thanks........ALISON

Report – Chiriqui Flea market – Crime Awareness Day

We are pleased to report that we gathered about 250 signatures from both Panamanians (who easily read and signed the questionnaire) and Expats, who signed a separate petition about changing juvenile laws here in Panama – punishment consistent with the crime.  Many thanks to the volunteers – Marion Torgany, Carmen Restrepo, Norma Humphries, Bob Gregory and Tom from Alto a crimen, who gave their time to collect information.  If anyone still wants to sign this petition you can stop in at Chiriqui Storage office; I will keep these papers until next week when the government is accessible.  I plan on bringing the papers to Diputada Athena, and other government officials.

Donations for Marion Clamp added up to about $230.00; hopefully this can help a little with her hospital bill.  You can still donate at the Chiriqui Storage office, weekdays between 10 and 3pm.

• Upvote 1