97th Spay/Neuter Clinic in Volcan

August 28, 2016 - Cats, cats, cats! Dr. Tello sterilized 22 dogs and 23 cats for a total of 45 animals. http://spaypanama-chiriqui.org/97th.html He also performed other procedures, including removing an eye from a dog and removing a venereal tumor. We have now sterilized 3,605 dogs and cats.

Be sure to see the Flickr photo album within the web page.

In the Volcan area, we desperately need more people to get involved with:
--fostering animals in need
--helping to find homes for animals in need
--filing denuncias against people who abuse animals

Please contact us and help if you can.

----------------------------------------

Sterilizations and clinics are not the only things we do. People frequently call us about a sick or injured animal. We can't deal with broken bones or internal injuries, but we help dogs and cats in other ways whenever we can.

You may recall that not long ago, I reported about a cat that fell from a high place onto a piece of rebar which went through her entire body. Fortunately, it did not damage any internal organs. Rosemary Rios, a volunteer, happened to be at my house when the people called; she and Jose, my employee, used my car to take anesthesia and the necessary medications and supplies, stitched up the wound, and saved the cat's life.

Now, just a few days ago, someone else called. Their dog had somehow torn a big wound on her tummy near her back leg. Jose and I took a shaver, anesthesia, antibiotics, pain medication and other necessary supplies and stitched the wound. Too bad we don't have a picture of after we shaved around the wound (before stitching) because it better shows how huge the wound was. It required 17 stitches. The dog will be fine.

Patches1.jpg

Our next clinic will be on September 18th. Please call for an appointment right away. The clinics fill up fast.

My deep gratitude to Dr. Andres Tello and to everyone who volunteers, donates food and/or funds, and brings their animals to be sterilized.

Here is a wonderful video, Dog Rescuers' Creed The only thing they fail to mention is the JOY these rescued dogs bring to the hearts of US.  

-- 

Dottie

Patches2.jpg