Cleanup in Downtown Boquete

A great day of cleaning in the corregimiento of Bajo Boquete in conjunction with the Beautification staff and the Corregiduría of Bajo Boquete.

The Corregidora of Bajo Boquete, Ana Contreras, thanked Coffee Ruíz, the Sabrosón Restaurant, Restaurant Mi Jardin, and the Restaurant Rocio for their collaboration with staff that made yesterday 's clean-up day possible.

I know this is slightly off topic, but those of us who depend on our own two feet to get around downtown want to know when the mud will go away from the sewer/water project.  Does anyone know if they plan to pave/gravel the roads.  All around me the roads are mud and getting anywhere is a dirty and wet process.  We who live downtown feel like we are in cages.

Since this has never been done before in Boquete, I don't think anybody would be able to predict when the roads will return to normal.  Of course they will re-pave the roads, but they have to finish laying the water/sewer lines, however long it takes.  I guess we had all better start wearing rubber boots.

3 hours ago, JudyS said:

Since this has never been done before in Boquete, I don't think anybody would be able to predict when the roads will return to normal.  Of course they will re-pave the roads, but they have to finish laying the water/sewer lines, however long it takes.  I guess we had all better start wearing rubber boots.

Constant mopping for all the store owners....:-(

9 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

Cleanup in Downtown Boquete

A great day of cleaning in the corregimiento of Bajo Boquete in conjunction with the Beautification staff and the Corregiduría of Bajo Boquete.

The Corregidora of Bajo Boquete, Ana Contreras, thanked Coffee Ruíz, the Sabrosón Restaurant, Restaurant Mi Jardin, and the Restaurant Rocio for their collaboration with staff that made yesterday 's clean-up day possible.

Now that the grass has been weed whacked we need a community volunteer day to pick up the enormous amount of trash that is now very visible.  If each little community would do their part we could have the city come around and pick up the trash bags.  One day of work could make a huge difference.

13 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

The Public Relations department at the Alcaldia regularly publishes the Mayor's reports on a variety of subjects to the office's Facebook page.

This post from a few days ago deals with the approval of work on portions of the sewer contract by the Municipal Engineer.

How funny - it translated Ave. as bird.  "Looking forward to clean-up of the bird."  These auto-translators really try, don't they, but they just never quite hit it.