Dog abandoned and traumatized

JudyS

Marion Torgany had a poor traumatized (and skinny) male dog at the market today.  As she was driving to Boquete, the car in front of her stopped and dumped a dog out near the Caldera road entrance.  Marion caught up with him and told him there were people who would take the dog, that he didn't need to do that.  He swore at her and drove away.  The man was a gringo driving a grey Ranger pick-up.  If anybody knows who he is, please reveal his name.  He will have a denuncia filed against him, and I am sure there is a special place in hell for him too.

Marion needs a foster home for this very tranquil dog, as she has 9 dogs already at her home.

Absolutely despicable!  I hope they find this animal abuser.  Even if he was "relocating" this dog because he was hanging around his home, he is just as guilty as the owners for not doing something to help the dog.  There are so many people and organizations that help abused and neglected pets in Chiriqui there is no excuse for him to further neglect this poor dog.

1 hour ago, Pat said:

License number of the vehicle?  Description of this man? Picture?

I asked her if she got the license number.  She wasn't able to.  Too much else going on.  She could probably give a description of him.

Here is Marion's report of the incident:

Today 8.00 in the morning I was on the way to Boquete.
Driving north , across Jessica's horse place I watched a Gringo kicking a dog out of his car.
He drove away. Left a black , male dog, medium size. 
I followed the driver, made him stop. he right away got rude called me a f.. German and told me how many years he already lives here and that I should mind my own business etc. ...
I think he came from the Caldera road. I followed him to downtown Boquete.  He than entered the road to Isla Verde and Valle Escondido. 
He drove a grey Ranger Pickup. Tall man , Not fat, about 60. Could not remember  his license plate.
If someone thinks he knows him, please let me know, I want to place a denuncia.
I brought  the dog to Dra.Chely . He got medicine, blood test done - and now I have him at my  home.

No it was not Nairn.  Marion was driving right behind the guy and confronted him.  Reading Marion's account, how could anyone conclude it was Nairn who rescued him?  Here is a picture of the dog.  He is an old dog.  If someone recognizes him, hopefully they will identify the man who dumped him.  That is the luckiest dog in Boquete that Marion was right there to rescue him.  She has decided to keep him a while until he gets over his traumatized state, unless somebody wants to adopt him. 

rsz_moritz.jpg

Edited by JudyS

Update on Moritz (what Marion named him). He is sick and scared, very scared.  He has an intestinal infection, tick fever, he is highly anemic, has an eye infection, some machete cuts. He is very old, his teeth are worn down. He hardly can walk. To throw a dog like this on the road is diabolical.  What kind of person could do this?  

Now this is getting really strange.  This is the latest from Marion, something she remembered about the truck:

" It just comes in my mind.
This man who abandend the dog - at his car -  there was hanging at the space under his license plate a scrotal sack. Yes there was a  scrotum hanging down under the license plate, in flesh color - looked real - like from a pig.
Somebody might have seen it - a grey Ranger Pickuptruck with a Scrotum hanging  under the licence plate. Weird!

There certainly can't be very many trucks like that around Boquete.

1 hour ago, JudyS said:

Now this is getting really strange.  This is the latest from Marion, something she remembered about the truck:

" It just comes in my mind.
This man who abandend the dog - at his car -  there was hanging at the space under his license plate a scrotal sack. Yes there was a  scrotum hanging down under the license plate, in flesh color - looked real - like from a pig.
Somebody might have seen it - a grey Ranger Pickuptruck with a Scrotum hanging  under the licence plate. Weird!

There certainly can't be very many trucks like that around Boquete.

Oh very weird. Hope we can get him out of town. (Keep a close watch on the children).

On 8/23/2016 at 4:21 PM, JudyS said:

Here is Marion's report of the incident:

Today 8.00 in the morning I was on the way to Boquete.
Driving north , across Jessica's horse place I watched a Gringo kicking a dog out of his car.
He drove away. Left a black , male dog, medium size. 
I followed the driver, made him stop. he right away got rude called me a f.. German and told me how many years he already lives here and that I should mind my own business etc. ...
I think he came from the Caldera road. I followed him to downtown Boquete.  He than entered the road to Isla Verde and Valle Escondido. 
He drove a grey Ranger Pickup. Tall man , Not fat, about 60. Could not remember  his license plate.
If someone thinks he knows him, please let me know, I want to place a denuncia.
I brought  the dog to Dra.Chely . He got medicine, blood test done - and now I have him at my  home.

It is this type of cases that a Dash Cam becomes handy and helpful.

4 hours ago, JudyS said:

Update on Moritz (what Marion named him). He is sick and scared, very scared.  He has an intestinal infection, tick fever, he is highly anemic, has an eye infection, some machete cuts. He is very old, his teeth are worn down. He hardly can walk. To throw a dog like this on the road is diabolical.  What kind of person could do this?  

an animal more animal than the animal itself....   Hey I sounded like Wryawry....lol

• Upvote 1

Somebody identified the owner of the truck, and it seems there was a lot of confusion about what happened.  The person said they were trying to rescue the dog, not dumping him.  They had fed him previously, but couldn't catch him.  The dog is now safe and being taken care of, which is what everybody was trying to do.

1 hour ago, Dottie Atwater said:

I dislike the saying "he's like an animal" regarding a bad person. Animals don't cheat people, abandon their people, commit murder, no lying, stealing, hypocrisy, gossiping. . . People should be more like animals.

You are right.   

Saying that this guy was like an animal is a total disrespect to animals.... accept my apologies.

The people in the gray truck contacted me. They are respected members of the community and wrote extensively about trying to help this dog. Here is what they wrote:

We did NOT abandon this dog.  We were trying to rescue him.  We have NO idea who abandoned this dog.  He was wandering up and down the street.

We fed the dog...he was VERY HUNGRY...called Magaly and Javier to see if she could take him, then it started pouring rain and the dog went away.

We have 12 rescued cats that we just brought from Panama City so we would NEVER abandon a dog.

We just rescued a dog in Lucero who a friend of ours is going to adopt.  He is at Magaly and Javier's house right now.

You can talk to Magaly and Javier and she can tell you that we we have been helping them out...and that morning I called Magaly and reported this abandoned dog to her.

Unfortunately Magaly and Javier have a problem with a dog of theirs who got blind overnight and right now they have a full house with abandoned dogs.

So please do NOT think for one second that we abandoned this dog.  We were trying to catch him and fed him 4 cans of food before he took off again.

How can anybody say we kicked this poor dog out of our car???!  We would NEVER do this.   For us animals have the same feelings humans do.

Proof is we have 12 cats that we have adopted from the street and love them dearly.

It makes us VERY happy that somebody is taking care of this poor dog.  We couldn't bring him home because like I say we have 12 rescued cats and they would have flipped out!

Thank you.

I still think the wordy "explanation" of the anonymous person is suspect. Marion forwarded it to me and said:

Dottie, I forward you this . It puzzles me.
I drove behind this truck. The truck stopped - opened the door - the dog got thrown out.,the man drove away. That's it! 

It also puzzles me if they brought "12 rescued cats from the street in Panama City" when there are plenty of cats right here that need homes.

Secondly, cats on the street are feral. How did they catch them?

There are too many unanswered questions about this issue.