Directions to Galeria Central in David

I'm in touch with a Vitamin Shoppe employee in PC and am told they will open a new store in David at Galeria Central, which is near Coopeduc Plaza (not sure of spelling) and it should open by the middle of next week.  Can anyone give me directions, while referencing the landmarks I know (the Novey, Rey, Panafoto, Super Baru area; Pricesmart, Chiriqui Mall area; and the airport.  Thanks in advance for any help.  Dennis

Dennis, according to the Facebook page for Galeria Central this is the location.

https://www.facebook.com/GaleriaCentralDavid/about/?entry_point=page_nav_about_item&tab=overview

Calle F Sur (or South) on this map is often referred to as the "McDonalds or Super 99 road" and it runs from the PanAmerican Highway down to the Police HQ and Jail where one turns right to go to the Airport.

Get on Calle F Sur and go down until you reach a large Church on the right hand side, the Iglesia del Carmen.

Turn right there on to Avenida 1A Este (or East). Go a few blocks and you should see the new mall on the right.

The big, new Mercado Publico would be on the left in the next block.

https://wego.here.com/directions/mix//Galeria-Central,-Avenida-1A-E,-David:loc-dmVyc2lvbj0xO3RpdGxlPUdhbGVyaWErQ2VudHJhbDtsYXQ9OC40MjE0Njk3O2xvbj0tODIuNDMzNDc5MztzdHJlZXQ9QXZlbmlkYSsxQStFO2NpdHk9RGF2aWQ7Y291bnRyeT1QQU47ZGlzdHJpY3Q9RGF2aWQ7c3RhdGVDb2RlPUNoaXJpcXUlQzMlQUQ7Y291bnR5PURhdmlkO2NhdGVnb3J5SWQ9c3RyZWV0LXNxdWFyZTtzb3VyY2VTeXN0ZW09aW50ZXJuYWw?map=8.42147,-82.43348,15,normal&fb_locale=en_US

Edited by Keith Woolford

Just wanted to clarify, for anyone interested, that the above directions got me to a large building that houses lots of food vendor stalls and a large government office.  But it wasn't the Galleria Central.  I got directions from one of the vendors and the Galleria Central, a beautiful new mall just opened, is about a block away from the Chiriqui Hospital.  So I did find the new Vitamin Shoppe there which was my objective.  But this new mall is still only about 10% rented so not sure what new tenants might come or when they'll come.  Oh, and though this new Vitamin Shoppe is convenient, like the US parent it's expensive.  So Amazon remains the value choice if time is not an issue.

6 hours ago, Dennis Philpot said:

Just wanted to clarify, for anyone interested, that the above directions got me to a large building that houses lots of food vendor stalls and a large government office.  But it wasn't the Galleria Central.  I got directions from one of the vendors and the Galleria Central, a beautiful new mall just opened, is about a block away from the Chiriqui Hospital.  So I did find the new Vitamin Shoppe there which was my objective.  But this new mall is still only about 10% rented so not sure what new tenants might come or when they'll come.  Oh, and though this new Vitamin Shoppe is convenient, like the US parent it's expensive.  So Amazon remains the value choice if time is not an issue.

Well, that's unfortunate, my apologies. So much for the TIP map link. 

Edited by Keith Woolford

• 2 years later...

The Galleria Central mall is now about 90% occupied.  The Polo store is having a sale, up to 70% off.  We got some nice shirts today at 50% off.

The mall is located in the lower left hand corner of the attached map.  It's easy to get to, just take via Boquete over the bridge and keep driving until it dead ends and it's on the right.

There's a Subway sandwich shop along with a Kotowa coffee shop too.

A nice convenient treasure in town.

http://www.galeria-central.com/

galleria central david 3.png

galleria central david 2.png

galleria central david 1.png

Edited by Siempre Soluciones