HP Printer Ink -- Local Sources?

I plan to buy an HP 4729 All in One wireless printer from Panafoto when I'm in David soon.  The purchase comes with six high yield ink cartridges, but I'm wondering if anyone knows where to buy additional cartridges locally (if at all possible)?  I know I can do so in PC at one place, but otherwise it looks like buying from HP on-line is the only other choice?  The Panafoto website didn't show this possibility.  Also, as an aside, how does one keep the printer paper dry other than using the dehumidifier and storing the paper in a zip lock bag or something like that?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dennis Philpot

Aha! Go to http://www.stratitec.com/ They sell inexpensive refillable (empty) ink cartridges for just about any brand/model of printer. I've used these for two different printers and they work great. You'll save a fortune without having to buy the expensive ink cartridges.   Printers are cheap. The manufacturers make their exorbitant profits by selling the grossly overpriced ink cartridges. I haven't had to buy their ink cartridges for years. I do a LOT of printing, too.

Office Center in David sells individual colors of ink. Mostly I need to buy black, and it's nice not to be forced to buy every color that comes in a kit. (Save your refill syringe from a kit.)

(Sometimes after inserting a refilled cartridge, my printer hasn't realized a new cartridge has been inserted. But after I remove/insert it a few more times, all is well.)

Edited by Dottie Atwater
addition

4 hours ago, Dottie Atwater said:

Aha! Go to http://www.stratitec.com/ They sell inexpensive refillable (empty) ink cartridges for just about any brand/model of printer. I've used these for two different printers and they work great. You'll save a fortune without having to buy the expensive ink cartridges.   Printers are cheap. The manufacturers make their exorbitant profits by selling the grossly overpriced ink cartridges. I haven't had to buy their ink cartridges for years. I do a LOT of printing, too.

Office Center in David sells individual colors of ink. Mostly I need to buy black, and it's nice not to be forced to buy every color that comes in a kit. (Save your refill syringe from a kit.)

(Sometimes after inserting a refilled cartridge, my printer hasn't realized a new cartridge has been inserted. But after I remove/insert it a few more times, all is well.)

I got some Canon cartridges refilled.  The refilled one lasted 3 weeks.  The one I bought from Canon lasted 5 months.  Refilling saved no money at all.

Judy, did you buy the empty refillable cartridges from the site I mentioned? I have used mine for years with no problem.

I tend to think you didn't because of your comment "I got some Canon cartridges refilled." If you were using the cartridges I recommended, you would have easily refilled them yourself.

Edited by Dottie Atwater
addition

7 hours ago, Dottie Atwater said:

Judy, did you buy the empty refillable cartridges from the site I mentioned? I have used mine for years with no problem.

I tend to think you didn't because of your comment "I got some Canon cartridges refilled." If you were using the cartridges I recommended, you would have easily refilled them yourself.

I didn't understand that you refill them yourself.  The place I went does the refilling (incompetently).

I didn't understand that you refill them yourself.  I'll check out the website.  Where is the Office Center in David?

Edited by Admin_01
removed duplicate text quote boxes

Yes, buy the empty refillable cartridges from the link I provided. (Mine were about $20 per each set--2 printers.) They are a breeze to refill yourself. You will need to save a syringe from a previous refill kit. Or, some of the colors (black specifically) at Office Center have a syringe-like thing attached.

Office Center in David? The best way I can tell you is this: I part in the Banco Universal parking lot, walk out the back of the lot, turn left and walk another block or so. Office Center will be on the corner. They have a lot of good stuff there. I get my tags for the clinics laminated there, too.

Thanks all for the input.  Much appreciated.  Just fyi today I bought the HP 4729 at Panafoto.  It seems to be a new offering, with high efficiency cartridges (uses one black and one tri-color, with black good for 1,500 pages and tri-color for 750 pages -- as advertised).  It's a wireless three-in-one and comes with three each of the cartridges and Panafoto sells each replacement for $10.95 each.  Seems like a good improvement to me (have used HP printers for years with full understanding of the razor / razor blade business model).  Seems like they've moderated that formula a bit.  I'm satisfied and really appreciate the community help and input.  Dennis

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Dennis Philpot said:

Thanks all for the input.  Much appreciated.  Just fyi today I bought the HP 4729 at Panafoto.  It seems to be a new offering, with high efficiency cartridges (uses one black and one tri-color, with black good for 1,500 pages and tri-color for 750 pages -- as advertised).  It's a wireless three-in-one and comes with three each of the cartridges and Panafoto sells each replacement for $10.95 each.  Seems like a good improvement to me (have used HP printers for years with full understanding of the razor / razor blade business model).  Seems like they've moderated that formula a bit.  I'm satisfied and really appreciate the community help and input.  Dennis

Cost, Dennis?

Total was about $185, list $179, included three each of the cartridges.  Didn't shop it, but noticed that PriceSmart (which I went to after Panafoto) didn't have this printer.  Haven't opened the box and connected yet, but am confident in success having done this many times with HP.  Denins