La Villa and Edgar Vargas

We went to La Villa for our first Sunday afternoon visit in a long time. Glad we did. Edgar Vargas was playing guitar, we had some good drinks and munchies, and a real added plus was that we saw several friends whom we haven't seen in quite a while. Got to catch up on recent events in our friends lives, etc. It was a really laid back atmosphere there in the Hex Room that we completely enjoyed.

Elizabeth is doing a great job bringing everything together -- food, drink, entertainment, ambiance, etc. -- for guests to enjoy themselves.

Attaching one picture of Edgar, who was playing solo at the event today.

Edgar Vargar at La Villa.JPG

Although I do like to get out and about and enjoy Boquete's local tourist-town Panamanian culture and day-to-day life, I also enjoy the unique experience of Restaurante La Villa and its park-like setting at the BCP Center.  It's nice to hang out for a while and enjoy some coffee or other drink and occasionally a light breakfast or lunch.   When there is no event in progress, the place is peaceful and serene with the river burbling quietly in the background.  There are a couple of hammocks and hanging fabric chairs on the back terrace in addition to tables and regular chairs.  Elizabeth and her staff in cooperation with the regular BCP staff have done a great job of cleaning up the facility and its grounds, and Elizabeth is constantly planting new and interesting things such as herbs, flowers and even a few pineapple plants. 

I have been a friend of Elizabeth (a.k.a. Lucy) for sometime, and now stop by La Villa hang regularly. She and her staff serve a nice - and always changing - selection of food and drinks, including excellent coffee that is fire roasted weekly right there at the BCP Center.  La Villa usually has a small selection of delicious - and healthy - breakfast and lunch items as well. 

I have been talking to Elizabeth, as well as BCP Board of Directors members Bernie and Carol, about showing art house, foreign, documentary, and perhaps classic films (not main-stream movies or sports) weekly at La Villa.  A new large flat-screen TV is being installed this week, and I hope to schedule a first showing very soon.  

I am starting an informal "Boquete Film Club" that will include a blog which I hope to set up today.  I hope to utilize the new blog, as well as this forum, and perhaps an informal gathering at La Villa to discuss ideas for the film screening events.

Keep your eyes and ears on alert - the local "arts" community is about to have some new events and opportunities.  

Edited by David van Harn
Accidentally posted before it was finished.

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, David van Harn said:

I am starting an informal "Boquete Film Club" that will include a blog which I hope to set up today.  I hope to utilize the new blog, as well as this forum, and perhaps an informal gathering at La Villa to discuss ideas for the film screening events.

David,

Might I suggest that you set up your blog on CL? The price is right -- zero. We maintain it. Call it what you wish and you control the content, and as to whether you allow or disallow comments to be posted.

Again, the price is right.

Just a suggestion to ponder.

P.S., It was nice to meet you in person for the first time last Saturday.

ARF had their first "CASH Prize BINGO" at La Villa on June 23rd and it was very successful.  Lucy did a great job setting up the hex and she not only had to make a beer run, she sold out of goodies!  Good for her and ARF.  Thanks BCP and La Villa, I am sure our next bi-monthly bingo on August 18th will be even better!

• 2 weeks later...

REMEBER EDGAR VARGAS WILL BE AT LA VILLA SUNDAY JUL 17.(tomorrow or today depending on when you see this) Sorry about shouting but it was so much fun the last two sundays, so I hope all of you will join us for great music starting pretty close to 4:23pm Edgars choice of time.  I love watching and listening to him, he lives inside his music.  When he is playing I am sure he is totally in his own world and pull us into it with him.

See you there :-)

Chris just another La Villa fan!

PS $7

PSS if you are really new to Boquete La VIlla is in the hex room at the BCP Theater across from the fair grounds, just across the bridge.

Edited by Chris McCall
wrong date