OUCH ! Palm thorn puncture...need some advice

Thanks..both of you.   I started a large dose of Ciprofoxicin antibiotic within hours.  Also took some Benadryl.  I have a good friend who is an orthopedist.  He lives in Florida...so he knows all about tropical thorn pokes.  He advised starting the Cipro right away...especially in that I have a total hip replacement ( which he did).  You always have to be careful about bad systemic infections as those metal hips seem to have an affinity to bacteria in the blood.   I can move it today a bit after a soak...but it locks up quick.   I'm using Grubers miracle goo as well.   Nasty business those palm thorns I tell ya.   You really need to put on the armor (..leather gloves, safety glasses) if you're gonna tackle trimming that tree.

Man Bonnie...it got red quick...like instantly.  Infection usually takes a few days to brew.   Makes me think it's a heavy allergic response to whatever is on those thorns.  That said...I'm not taking any chances.

Soak it several times a day in warm Epsom salts water. It will do wonders!

PS. At a recent spay/neuter clinic I was pretty badly mauled by a cat. I did the Epsom salt soak, and then after that, I applied antibiotic cream on all the punctures, put on surgical glove for the night. I repeated the procedure the next night. The wounds got well with no problem. And punctures (instead of cuts) are more dangerous because they don't bleed and help to get rid of the toxins.

It appears as if this was one heavy allergic response.  Topicals that draw seem to be helping...like ceder tincture...some of the Grubers topicals plus warm Magnesium soaks.    Today the red swollen area is less and mobility is better.  Of course I'm on Cipro antibiotic...so who knows.   Amazing how dysfunctional you can become when you lose the use of the forefinger.  Yeiks...I'm counting my blessings !   Thorns...enemy of the gardener !!!!!!