Message for U.S. Citizens: Outreach Event in David-July 20, 2016

Admin_01

• Administrators

Seal with blue background

The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Panama would like to inform U.S. citizens in Western Panama that we will be visiting David, Chiriquí on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 to provide consular services to U.S. citizens. 

We will be at the Hotel Ciudad de David in David, Chiriquí from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 20, 2016.  We will offer the following services:

Passports and Notarial Services

-           Passport Renewal (adults and minors).  Please note that most adult passport renewals can by processed by mail/DHL and do not require personal appearance at the Embassy or outreach event.  See this page for more information on passport renewals by mail.

-           Lost or Stolen Passports

-           Notarizations

-           Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status (please bring from I-407 and Permanent Resident Card)

-           Voting information and acceptance of voter registration forms.  Information and registration forms for overseas voters can be found here.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

1.               Please bring legible photocopies of all documents to be submitted

·                 If you are requesting the notarization of your driver’s license, please bring a photocopy of the front and back page of your license, as well as your license.  If you are requesting notarization of benefits documents, please bring  the original and a copy of the document(s) showing the amount of benefits you receive monthly or annually.

·                 For adult passport renewals, please bring your passport and a copy of the photo page of your passport.  For minor passport renewals, please bring a copy of the photo page of the minor’s passport, a copy of both parent’s passports or cedulas, and a copy of the minor’s birth certificate, in addition to the original birth certificate and passports or cedulas.

2.         The Embassy will only accept payment by local banker’s cashier check (also known in Spanish as “Cheque Certificado”) in U.S. dollars only made payable to the “US Embassy Panama” (Banker’s Drafts must have been issued within the last five months).  The Embassy will not accept cash payments for any services.   The notarial fee is $50.00 for each signature of the Consular Officer.  A list of passport fees can be found here

3.         Please bring completed forms.  Please access the following link for information on fees, and forms you need to download, complete and bring:  http://panama.usembassy.gov/service.html

Federal Benefits Services

-           Medicare enrollment/cancellation (copy of current passport or cedula will be required)

-           Application for SS replacement cards (copy of current US Passport)

-           Application for new SS card for children under age 12 (copy of US Passport for one of the parents, the child’s copia integra and passport)

-           Change of address/residence (copy of current passport or cedula will be required)

-           General inquiries

A representative from our Regional Security Office will be on hand to answer security questions.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

·         To apply for a new or replacement Social Security card, please bring the completed form.  You may download and print the form for the Social Security card at the following link: https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5fs.pdf

Please note:  No visa services will be provided.  Services will be provided on first come - first serve basis.

Thank you for your assistance.  We look forward to seeing you.

Sincerely,

American Citizen Services

U.S. Embassy Panama

panama-acs@state.gov

--

If replying to this message, reply ONLY to the ORIGINATOR (typically your email application's 'Reply To' function works).

To stop receiving these emails, send a message to news.boquete@gmail.com with the word unsubscribe in the subject line or body of the message.

© 2016, News Boquete. All rights reserved. Public redistribution strictly prohibited without prior written permission.

• Administrators

The direct answer to your question is that the outreach event is from 10:00AM until 3:00PM.

What time zone is your computer set to? The software that drives CL is very sophisticated. It knows the time zone of the event (Boquete is GMT-5, which is frequently called Colombia or Bogotá time) AND the time zone of your device. CL will DISPLAY the time for an event in the LOCAL time of the event according to the time zone of your location.

Mobile and tablet devices are very adept at changing their configured time zone based on WiFi and cell phone tower data. Desktop and laptop machines can also be configured to different time zones, but typically don't change as often (especially for a desktop machine).

Not trying to confuse anyone here. Simply trying to clarify and explain what is happening.

I have verified that the event as posted on CL is correct in terms of the start and end times, and the specified time zone.

• Administrators

Hil, I cannot speak with absolute certainty, but the issue seems still not to be what you are reading, but rather to what time zone your computing device is set. Please check the settings on your computer/device to verify that it is set to GMT-5 (or alternatively that it is automatically set through some network connection). Note that I am talking about the time zone setting, and not the time itself.

When I read your posting that I am replying to, I do see that the time is correctly displaying.

The times on this link are typed in the header.  My time zone is correct on my PC. 

Are you seeing this in the above link?   Wednesday 20 July 2016, 11:00 AM 
Until Wednesday 20 July 2016, 4:00 PM

I'm not sure but this looks like a manual entry. I checked and the correct dates are listed on the other link you posted within the Embassy text and not in the header----10am-3pm.

Just curious if anyone else is seeing the 11am-4pm in this link. You have two links posted for the Embassy visit.

Edited by Hil

I was wrong Again!!! My computer was on Eastern Time and not on Columbia Time. Eastern Time in the USA is the same as Panama Time but not the same as Columbia Time. It did correct the time on the post when I changed it to Bogota Time.

My apologies.

Thanks Bud.

Edited by Admin_01
original content removed from quoted text

1 hour ago, Hil said:

I'm hooked on phonics and to old to worry about it now days!!!!

That got my vote for best response of 2016.  And, BTW, it is too old, but I understood anyway; phonetically speaking of course.