16 hours ago, Brundageba said:

A dear friend of ours hit a fellow who tripped on the uneven sides of the road trying to cross the street in the middle of Boquete.   The man stumbled & fell right in front of our friends car.  The man died.  Our friend was taken directly to jail.  In the end it was considered an accident, but the case was left open and hanging.   I mean consider that!  The solution for stumbling over uneven roadsides and the control of rainwater flow are both issues of concern.  One is not exclusive of the other.

Removable grates over sides of crosswalks .  If you jaywalk you are at your own risk....and of course many elect to do that.. 

• 3 months later...

Good vibes in driving around Boqueteville now. We recently returned home after some medical travel, and were pleasantly surprised to find road conditions not bouncing between dangerous to barely tolerable, but actually quite good. More work to be done, for sure, but streets are orders of magnitude so much better than they have been in a long time. PTL.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Keith Woolford said:

In case anyone is keeping track, there are crews working in sections along the east side of main street to alleviate this situation.

I'm keeping track, and I'm gratified. I'll put up with inconvenience to fix those perilous drop-offs.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...