• 4 weeks later...

Critical Inspection in El Salto

5909e4d956ae0_elsalto.thumb.jpg.17301ef757b7b02c045829bbd77db8aa.jpg

A joint assessment team composed of the Mayor, the Municipal Engineering department, the H.R. of Bajo Boquete Carlos Ortega, representatives of (CONADES), visited the hamlet of the community of El Salto where there is a problem of landslides and poor management of surface waters.

In the points evaluated, the company in charge of the project of A.A.A.B., has suspended for more than a year work in the area due to the fact that the earth gave way to the movements of the teams that carried out the sanitary network installation.

También realizamos evaluación conjunta Ingeniería Municipal, el H.R de Bajo Boquete, Carlos Ortega, representantes de (CONADES), al caserío de la comunidad de El Salto donde existe un problema de deslizamientos y mal manejo de las aguas superficiales.

En los puntos evaluados, la empresa encargada del proyecto de red sanitaria Asociación Accidental Aguas de Boquete suspendio hace más de un año los trabajos debido a que la tierra cedía ante los movimientos de los equipos que realizaban la consgtrucción de red sanitaria.

Alcaldía De Boquete 2014 - 2019

Edited by Keith Woolford
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Meeting of the Authorities, Representatives of Local Businesses, and the Contractors of the New Aqueducts

An important Meeting was staged today among the authorities as the Mayor and Councillors and business people who claim to be affected by the manner in which the project of the Sanitary Network and Aqueduct is being developed by the contractor, Asociación Accidental Aguas de Boquete (AAAB).

The mayor of Boquete Lic. Emigdio Walker Vásquez spoke to the merchants request for the alleviation of the current conditions of the streets by stating that they must be passable and above all accessible to their sources of income or shops.

"As we made the commitment to follow-up and for that the company complies", reiterated the mayor "that business is not in critical condition and trade has expressed that way, but we are aware that you are in a low season that can accommodate the conditions of the roadway.

The next Monday 11 September is expected to meet again the protagonists to form a committee that will be responsible for overseeing the mitigation of the streets operated by the company AAAB for the construction of the new aqueduct and health network in Boquete.

Public Relations Department

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ditto on the main drag Bonnie. Can't wait. Glad to see they are at least paving some of the alternates.

(Point of clarification - Calle Central is the road at Multi Bank and Value Motors car lot. Already tore up. Main Drag is Av Central.)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nada said:

Ditto on the main drag Bonnie. Can't wait. Glad to see they are at least paving some of the alternates.

(Point of clarification - Calle Central is the road at Multi Bank and Value Motors car lot. Already tore up. Main Drag is Av Central.)

They haven't paved in three weeks since their paving machine is broken, they're waiting for a part.

However they have been "sealing" streets including mine which consists of spraying with tar, hand shoveling asphalt, and then rolling.  It's the appearance of paving but it's too thin and fragile.

It's amazing the $22.5 million contract didn't include provisions for broken equipment nor for meeting time commitments.

The street situation is a big reason there are few tourist and potential expats. The way Boquete looks now I would suspect most folks are saying what is the big deal about this place? Of course, we all know better.  Boquete sure is not showing her best side right now. Talk to any business owner especially restaurants and Inns and they will all tell you business is way down. More so than any other off season period. Look at all the houses for sale and rent. Hopefully, they will get the streets back to normal soon but TIP!

1 hour ago, TwoSailors said:

The street situation is a big reason there are few tourist and potential expats. The way Boquete looks now I would suspect most folks are saying what is the big deal about this place? Of course, we all know better.  Boquete sure is not showing her best side right now. Talk to any business owner especially restaurants and Inns and they will all tell you business is way down. More so than any other off season period. Look at all the houses for sale and rent. Hopefully, they will get the streets back to normal soon but TIP!

I've heard the same thing from Panamanian contractors, it's as if Boquete is in a recession.

As for the restaurants, who would visit a restaurant when there's no water?  One restaurant a week ago was telling patrons not to flush the toilets due to lack of water!

1 hour ago, Nada said:

I should have known that. Avenues run north-south; streets run east-west. Right?

Which leads me to observe that all of us should get used to using the actual names of major streets and avenues. Directions would be a lot easier.

1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

Which leads me to observe that all of us should get used to using the actual names of major streets and avenues. Directions would be a lot easier.

No kidding.

Yes, Avenidas run N-S and Calles are E-W.

Generally, Avenidas have the right of way.

Edited by Keith Woolford

I see what you mean, Keith, and it's pretty much the same thing I wrote. I find this layout very, very difficult to navigate. I can't count how many times I've made an assumption based on experience and logic (!!) and ended up hopelessly lost. But that's probably because I'm not to smart about this kind of stuff and am really challenged spatially. I'm lived here 10 years and still can't get around well in David.

11 hours ago, Bonnie said:

I see what you mean, Keith, and it's pretty much the same thing I wrote. I find this layout very, very difficult to navigate. I can't count how many times I've made an assumption based on experience and logic (!!) and ended up hopelessly lost. But that's probably because I'm not to smart about this kind of stuff and am really challenged spatially. I'm lived here 10 years and still can't get around well in David.

I have trouble even getting around Boquete these days.  Every time I want to turn somewhere, there is a pile of dug up street and a bulldozer in the way.  I get around David on intuition.  I gave up trying to follow maps.