Inspection of the PROJECT TO DETERMINE PROGRESS AND CRITICAL POINTS TO MITIGATE

21731253_1821936781169680_4860798192747069576_n.thumb.jpg.6eec31deb20d4cacc00708fda33b3fc5.jpg

21742878_1821936317836393_706225984074400629_n.thumb.jpg.a02f31450e288a34463a1499280a7394.jpg

21730801_1821941214502570_3572795253411730147_n.thumb.jpg.49bb305f001079db5f4db08b2f35921b.jpg

On Tuesday the mayor of Boquete, Lic. Emigdio Walker Vasquez, in conjunction with a group of representatives of the Office of the Comptroller, the Ing. Maximum Miranda, representative of CONADES (aqueduct project owners and health network), and representatives of the Company Accidental Association Waters Of Boquete, made a tour and inspection of the project mentioned.

The mayor then emphasized that the company is committed to alleviating critical points which have been a product of the development of the project, other than what is achieved is that some points of our roads could be scaled up and an asphalt layer applied as it is stated in the specifications.

After the tour at the water sources and in points operated, both authorities as they develop the project agreed to continue working "because they develop a project worthy of our district and we are aware of some improvements to our roads" sentenced the mayor of Boquete in relation to some streets that are already being paved.

After the tour and inspection  a report is to be made with steps to follow and recommendations of the authorities to the company (AAAB) in relation to the project.

Public Relations Department

Edited by Keith Woolford
  • Like 1

When the project ends BOQUETE WILL HAVE NEW ALL ITS STREETS

21740351_1821991024497589_3349012226939796108_n.thumb.jpg.98d5abf5cb5876b2eae09c5c414805c1.jpg

21730796_1821986561164702_8344907609971374748_n.thumb.jpg.b276dfb096d77e51e1677f1a6e7c2867.jpg

As the Aqueduct and Sanitary Network project proceeds ,and after the tests already carried out in the Sewage system, contractors will be paving the streets in our district, such as the one that today is going toward the Municipal Cemetery in Boquete.

According to the Mayor Emigdio Walker Vasquez, an addendum has been achieved for the paving of all streets which are being worked on, even the ones that were not paved before they were excavated.

For these achievements we should remember the officials of the project are bringing development to our district and as progress is achieved and tests are performed the company will pave the streets that have been involved in the work.

"As a result we will have a drinking water aqueduct, system of sanitary waste, and an underground network of cables in the streets of the center of the district, and as if that were not enough new streets, thanks Boquete for allowing me to bring you these achievements for the good of all Boqueteno", stated the mayor.

freetranslation

Edited by Keith Woolford
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

When the project ends BOQUETE WILL HAVE NEW ALL ITS STREETS

I'm trying to find non-offensive words to express my extreme skepticism about that statement!

Edited by BD

34 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

Inspection of the PROJECT TO DETERMINE PROGRESS AND CRITICAL POINTS TO MITIGATE

21731253_1821936781169680_4860798192747069576_n.thumb.jpg.6eec31deb20d4cacc00708fda33b3fc5.jpg

21742878_1821936317836393_706225984074400629_n.thumb.jpg.a02f31450e288a34463a1499280a7394.jpg

21730801_1821941214502570_3572795253411730147_n.thumb.jpg.49bb305f001079db5f4db08b2f35921b.jpg

On Tuesday the mayor of Boquete, Lic. Emigdio Walker Vasquez, in conjunction with a group of representatives of the Office of the Comptroller, the Ing. Maximum Miranda, representative of CONADES (aqueduct project owners and health network), and representatives of the Company Accidental Association Waters Of Boquete, made a tour and inspection of the project mentioned.

The mayor then emphasized that the company is committed to alleviating critical points which have been a product of the development of the project, other than what is achieved is that some points of our roads could be scaled up and an asphalt layer applied as it is stated in the specifications.

After the tour at the water sources and in points operated, both authorities as they develop the project agreed to continue working "because they develop a project worthy of our district and we are aware of some improvements to our roads" sentenced the mayor of Boquete in relation to some streets that are already being paved.

After the tour and inspection  a report is to be made with steps to follow and recommendations of the authorities to the company (AAAB) in relation to the project.

Thanks, Keith, for posting updates for the Water Works project. Appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

In this communication, the Mayor explains that the internal parts for the treatment of black waters are at the dock in Rio de Janeiro ready to be shipped to Boquete.

In the comments section of the post he also states that there will be about one more year of disruption to life in Boquete, all in order to have excellent services for the next twenty.

Edited by Keith Woolford

13 hours ago, JudyS said:

I hope somebody notices that the manholes are not flush with the new paving, but are 5 or 6 inches below street level, leaving tire-busting holes in every street.

They should do a concrete type of structures at the pavement level.  That is the specs.  I do really think that it is great that you are always "supervising" those works.  I do suggest that if you have any contact with Major office to inform them about those things that concern you and the community.  He could later ask his people to talk with the contractor and the inspection to do any correction they should do before the government accept the works done and pay them for it.

On 9/15/2017 at 8:06 AM, Marcelyn said:

Thanks, Keith, for posting updates for the Water Works project. Appreciate it.

That is what I said.  The Major is doing some kind of inspections to the job.  Keep a constant communication with his office and send him all the concerns you have about this job.  If you tell him that they should leave the roads in good condition and do the jobs according to the specs he will enforce this and will raise his voice to make the corrections needed.

• Moderators
Moderator comment: from Facebook.

In case any of you missed it, there was a big meeting this morning attended by the head of the government agency responsible for the work being done in boquete (CONADES) and local officials and business people as well as the contractor doing the work (APROCOSA). You will be happy to know that the head guy from Panama was appalled at the conditions of the streets in Boquete and gave extremely forceful instructions to the people running the show on the ground to immediately pave a road once it has been opened as has always been stipulated in the contract between CONADES and APROCOSA, the general contractor. 

It has been a rough year but we should all feel confident that things will improve drastically as the contractor begins to proceed with more organization and efficiency. The Varela administration understands the importance of making Boquete as beautiful as possible and when complete, Boquete will have new streets in perfect condition. 

Next time y'all see Arturo Gonzalez, owner of Baru Restaurant, be sure to tell him muchas gracias as it was because of his hard work, and that of a few other members of the chamber of commerce, that this meeting today took place and that the folks in Panama City have finally put pressure on the general contractor. 

Also thank el Alcalde Emigdio Walker Vasquez for his support as well!

There's light at the end of the tunnel....

Image may contain: 5 people, people standing and outdoor

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1554135374633321&set=gm.1167498883351642&type=3

On 10/2/2017 at 10:59 AM, Roger B said:

They should do a concrete type of structures at the pavement level.  That is the specs.  I do really think that it is great that you are always "supervising" those works.  I do suggest that if you have any contact with Major office to inform them about those things that concern you and the community.  He could later ask his people to talk with the contractor and the inspection to do any correction they should do before the government accept the works done and pay them for it.

Not supervising, just driving in town everyday as if it is a slalom, avoiding those tire-busting manholes.

Hmmmm. 

3 hours ago, Moderator_02 said:

You will be happy to know that the head guy from Panama was appalled at the conditions of the streets in Boquete and gave extremely forceful instructions to the people running the show on the ground to immediately pave a road once it has been opened as has always been stipulated in the contract between CONADES and APROCOSA, the general contractor. 

So where was this" head, guy "for the last year?  On vacation?

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, TwoSailors said:

Hmmmm. 

So where was this" head, guy "for the last year?  On vacation?

Obviously as mad as he was in the photos the contractor wasn't reporting progress or lack thereof or not representing the truth of his work. I wish I could recover the money I had to spend on the front end of my car because of the roads. Had the roads been paved on time after the tubes were laid I would not have had to replace front ends parts. But, I have written it off already. Just saying. I think the contractor should be fined. And if a time line was not in the contract it should have been. This is serious money Varela passed on to Boquete. Hope it isn't squandered away.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hil said:

Obviously as mad as he was in the photos the contractor wasn't reporting progress or lack thereof or not representing the truth of his work. I wish I could recover the money I had to spend on the front end of my car because of the roads. Had the roads been paved on time after the tubes were laid I would not have had to replace front ends parts. But, I have written it off already. Just saying. I think the contractor should be fined. And if a time line was not in the contract it should have been. This is serious money Varela passed on to Boquete. Hope it isn't squandered away.

I would find it hard to believe that there are any financial penalties tied to their time lines.  We're coming on two months that their paving machine has been broken waiting for a replacement part.  To date they've only been "sealing" the road with asphalt, a laborious manual process of workers literally hand shoveling asphalt and back rolling it leaving at best a 1" thick coating which on our street is already crumbling after one month. 

9 minutes ago, Siempre Soluciones said:

I would find it hard to believe that there are any financial penalties tied to their time lines.  We're coming on two months that their paving machine has been broken waiting for a replacement part.  To date they've only been "sealing" the road with asphalt, a laborious manual process of workers literally hand shoveling asphalt and back rolling it leaving at best a 1" thick coating which on our street is already crumbling after one month. 

Machine broke down? Well, you know how that works here!!! lololololol

48 minutes ago, Hil said:

Machine broke down? Well, you know how that works here!!! lololololol

Hil,

Yes, I even asked that supervisor if they had a time related equipment clause, he smiled and said no.  So they're waiting to get it repaired the most economical way possible and not providing any backup equipment.  Eight weeks of paving lost, they could've had half the town paved by now.

• 3 weeks later...

As an outspoken critic of how this project has evolved (or devolved) over the past two years, I sense that finally the work is exhibiting some forward momentum. They’re back to asphalting, for instance. There yet may be hope that the project will be completed in another year.

This report from the Mayors office today on the state of the Pueblo.

Drinking water first, then Aguas Negras, then New Streets

The Aqueduct and Sanitary Network Project of the Central Government was tendered at a cost of $22.5 million

Then we saw the opportunity to add to this great project something that would improve and embellish the visual landscape and environment by accompanying this with the underground cables in the center of the district.

Subsequently we evaluated the need not only to patch over the streets, but to make them new and unpaved roads which were not paved, this is the product of hours lobbying in the institutions and presenting ourselves before those who have the resources with technical background and so that little by little we have a better quality of life.

Thanks Boquete, by allowing us to work for you and in time we will leave a legacy to a new generation that will enjoy best shopping streets, better water and, above all, will already have a base for their growth and development.

Image may contain: one or more people, sky, tree and outdoor

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

https://m.facebook.com/lujamluz/posts/pcb.1870589302971094/?photo_id=1870576226305735&mds=%2Fphotos%2Fviewer%2F%3Fphotoset_token%3Dpcb.1870589302971094%26photo%3D1870576226305735%26profileid%3D1446184021%26source%3D48%26refid%3D52%26__tn__%3DEH-R%26cached_data%3Dfalse%26ftid%3D&mdf=1

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There was town Council meeting about the state of the Water and Waste water project.

Here's a summary as provided by the Mayor's office. (google translation)

LAST VOTE OF CONFIDENCE

In a marathon meeting in the Session Room of the Municipal Council of Boquete, the community was able to express its dissatisfaction and disagreement regarding the Sanitary and Aqueduct Network project that is being developed in the district of Boquete.

In that meeting the parties were heard and the reason for the discontent of the community, which demands that the district of Boquete can be provided with peace, repairing or paving the streets of the district which have been intervened.

It is worth mentioning that a commission was formed to evaluate the legal part of the project's charge sheet, so that in coming days the company will be legally required and CONADES can fully comply with the mitigation and paving as part of the project, which has generated the district roads are intervened and their repair is not so far.

The Mayor told the media that they met, that if there is a discomfort in the community, and they expressed their feelings where there is supposedly little interest, lack of planning on the part of the company, but they are given a vote of confidence in anticipation of a positive response in the coming days.

Public relations department

image.thumb.png.5fa29ea15873480f24c14ba3cb9e81c7.png

image.thumb.png.709c03b16c97eb967b03f8cebeb00028.png

image.thumb.png.6e600fd3667f8f1efbab5a27bb742b3d.png

Edited by Keith Woolford
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this posting, Keith. But what was resolved at this meeting?

New asphalt now is being removed and pipes (sewer and/or water) put in place. Gotta wonder about this work sequence.  Talked to “people in the know” and get many different views. 

What next? Our car can’t take too much more of these non-roads.