The Passing of Larry Johnson

I just learned that Larry Johnson (Bonnie William's husband) died this morning at Hospital Chiriqui. One thing I always marveled about Larry. He was a homebody and spoke not a word of Spanish but he had more Panamanian friends than almost any gringo I know. He knew every store clerk, every road worker, every gas station attendant in town and they all would call after him "Hola Senor Larry".

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Penny said:

I just learned that Larry Johnson (Bonnie William's husband) died this morning at Hospital Chiriqui. One thing I always marveled about Larry. He was a homebody and spoke not a word of Spanish but he had more Panamanian friends than almost any gringo I know. He knew every store clerk, every road worker, every gas station attendant in town and they all would call after him "Hola Senor Larry".

The report of Larry's death is premature. He has been removed from life support and won't be with us long, but he is still clinging to life at this time.

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2016 at 3:32 PM, Bonnie said:

The report of Larry's death is premature. He has been removed from life support and won't be with us long, but he is still clinging to life at this time.

Bonnie

In such situations I dont know what to say.  I would like that the words that I say do help and give people the comfort they deserve.  I am not a religious person, even that I was baptized catholic, but in such cases I do really wish that God protect the person who is ill and make him/her to return back to his/her family for some additional years.  My heart and soul are with you and your husband and wish him to get well soon.  I dont know your husband but I hope he is a strong man and fight hard to recover. If God wanted him to his side... well hope he goes in peace and resignation from you and all his family.   

A big hug from a panamanian friend.

RogerB

1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

Bonnie I'm so sorry.  You know the same thing is happening here.  Who would have thought we would be sharing something like this?  I can truly say I know what you are going through.  Please know you are in my thoughts.

On 6/9/2016 at 2:32 PM, Keith Woolford said:

Lee wrote a very good article on Blood Banking in the Boquete Guide back in 2009.

http://www.boqueteguide.com/?p=4563

Followed in 2013 by some misinformation.

www.chiriquichatter.net/blog/2013/09/08/blood-donorsreceivers/

Sep 8, 2013 - Because of the fact that blood is not banked in Panama,

1 hour ago, JudyS said:

Bonnie I'm so sorry.  You know the same thing is happening here.  Who would have thought we would be sharing something like this?  I can truly say I know what you are going through.  Please know you are in my thoughts.

And my thoughts are with you, Judy.

On 6/17/2016 at 1:18 PM, Penny said:

One thing I always marveled about Larry. He was a homebody and spoke not a word of Spanish but he had more Panamanian friends than almost any gringo I know. He knew every store clerk, every road worker, every gas station attendant in town and they all would call after him "Hola Senor Larry".

Just to repeat what I said in my earlier premature post.