Not that long. I remember it well. It was that way when we first visited Boquete in around 2004 and, I believe, was still in existence in 2007 when we moved down. I can't remember when the current one was built, but I do remember that it went up much faster that the Panamonte Bridge is going.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Panamonte Bridge y mas

The guys have been working nights and Sundays on the bridge and it's almost done. I think the November 28 parade route should be across the bridge. I'm so very happy. 

I've always said that driving in Panama in general and Boquete in particular is like one of those video games with perils coming at you from all sides. This morning, after hitting about 3 or 4 new dead-ends and detours I finally got to Alto Boquete. And then I had to brake hard for a small herd of goats who were off on a walk-about by themselves around Plaza San Francisco.

While I was in multi-pagos (near the E-shop) this morning, at least 5 Panamanians came in and greeted everybody in the building. One of the things I love about living here. Everybody says "Buenos Dias" and nobody minds waiting in line. I have a lot of things to be thankful for and living here is near the top of the list. Even with the bad roads. 🤡

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Bonnie said:

Does anyone know the scheduled time of the bridge dedication tomorrow?

"se tiene programado para los 6:00 de la tarde de hoy martes.."   Luzmaldo Javilla, Alcaldia

The President will also be inaugurating a new futbol stadium in David today.

Edited by Keith Woolford
  • Upvote 1

Be aware of additional buses and foot traffic in Boquete today & tomorrow. (Tuesday & Wednesday.) This morning after BCP meeting noticed police and vehicle barricades at various intersections in town.

One owner indicated his restaurant would be open Wednesday, but doubted too many customers could find their way to his business because of the crowded streets.

One owner indicated his restaurant would be open Wednesday, but doubted too many customers could find their way to his business because of the crowded streets.

American business owners complained when there were few tourists. Now they're complaining because there will be too many.

Quite honestly, I often feel like I'm the only glass that's half full on a bar covered in half empty ones.

Edited by Keith Woolford

3 hours ago, Marcelyn said:

Be aware of additional buses and foot traffic in Boquete today & tomorrow. (Tuesday & Wednesday.) This morning after BCP meeting noticed police and vehicle barricades at various intersections in town.

This is probably the owner of the restaurant that lots of folks have stopped patronizing because they got tired of paying money to hear him bellyache about the roads.😁

1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

This is probably the owner of the restaurant that lots of folks have stopped patronizing because they got tired of paying money to hear him bellyache about the roads.😁

29 minutes ago, Marcelyn said:

Bonnie & Keith:  Sorry, I have no idea of how to answer your comments.

They were, indeed, just comments. No questions; no answers expected.

I think Keith and I both were just chuckling over the irony of business owners complaining about no customers because of the roads and now complaining about too many customers because of the crowded streets.

13 hours ago, Marcelyn said:

image.png.bb557c548996075a4fb062fd4c2ad339.png

1 hour ago, Penny said:

I'm so darn happy about this new bridge that I had to drive across it again. Drove all the way to Alto Boquete during the height of the parade. This would have been impossible in the past.

Penny, I join in your happiness. It may be hard for others to understand the magnitude of the difference this has made in the lives of us who live in Palo Alto and Jaramillo Arriba.