May 30 is my arrival / move in day in Boquete and of course one of the first things to do will be food shopping.  My question is if fresh fish (mainly wild salmon but others as well) is readily available in Boquete?  I've read or heard somewhere on an earlier visit that there was a guy (Miguel I think is the name) that comes up from David regularly, but not sure if that is still the case. I've also read about the genetically engineered salmon farm in Boquete, but would prefer wild if possible and not sure if these GE salmon are sold in Boquete.  Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Dennis Philpot

Miguel is still around. He usually sells outside near Romero, along with at least one other fishmonger. I know of no wild salmon here. I don't think the climate is right.

There also are good places to purchase fresh fish in David. Virtually everyone goes to David at least every couple of weeks to stock up on things not available in Boquete or less expensive than in Boquete.

16 minutes ago, Bonnie said:

Miguel is still around. He usually sells outside near Romero, along with at least one other fishmonger. I know of no wild salmon here. I don't think the climate is right.

There also are good places to purchase fresh fish in David. Virtually everyone goes to David at least every couple of weeks to stock up on things not available in Boquete or less expensive than in Boquete.

I never see Miguel any more.  I'm always looking for his red truck.  Does he still drive the red truck?  What time/day does he tend to be near Romero?

3 hours ago, JudyS said:

Has anybody seen Miguel near Romero lately?  It sounds like he might just be going to people's houses and to restaurants.

I saw him Wednesday or Thursday in front of Romero, but he is not there very consistently and certainly not every day as he used to be.