Bush with purple/white/lavender blooms

The common name is Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. The botanical name is Brunfelsia. I have them, but I can't remember where I got them nine years ago. I have no idea what it's called in Spanish. (Ayer, Hoy, y Manana?)  The best thing to do is take a photograph (or you can print one from online if you Google "Brunfelsia") with you to various nurseries. I would start with Santa Maria in Dolega.

Edited by Bonnie
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

The common name is Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. The botanical name is Brunfelsia. I have them, but I can't remember where I got them nine years ago. I have no idea what it's called in Spanish. (Ayer, Hoy, y Manana?)  The best thing to do is take a photograph (or you can print one from online if you Google "Brunfelsia") with you to various nurseries. I would start with Santa Maria in Dolega.

Tres Amores is the name in Spanish -- and it is a quite appropriate name.  The blooms are not in three distinctly separate colors.  They actually change from white to purple as time passes, but during blooming season it does appear that they are separate colors.

• Upvote 1

They have these at the big Vivero (Santa Maria ??) in Dolega. Funny story, I went there about 10 years ago and asked for "Ayer, Hoy, y Manana". Apparently they didn't recognIze what I was trying to say because they took me to the office and pointed out their open hours sign.

As we say in Panama, ja, ja, ja.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Penny said:

They have these at the big Vivero (Santa Maria ??) in Dolega. Funny story, I went there about 10 years ago and asked for "Ayer, Hoy, y Manana". Apparently they didn't recognIze what I was trying to say because they took me to the office and pointed out their open hours sign.

As we say in Panama, ja, ja, ja.

That's so funny !