Beef... the best!

Has anybody been there who can give specific directions?  I find Google maps of David to be totally useless to me.  So many streets have no signs, I have never been able to navigate in David using a map.  Hopeless!  I did find another beef store, but I think this is a different one.

I tend to agree about Google maps of David. This one, however, is pretty clear if you know that Calle Miguel Angel Brenes is the old McDonald's and old Super99 road, leading to the airport road. Follow Brenes until it dead ends at the prison, turn right toward the airport, go two blocks and turn left, and then take the first left. The store appears to be a short ways down on the right.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Plaza+Terronal,+Panama/8.4198056,-82.4292222/@8.4297526,-82.4366041,14.5z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m5!1m1!1s0x8fa59d1aebc53799:0xfce61396ff790e58!2m2!1d-82.4202557!2d8.4460484!1m0

Edited by Bonnie

Central American towns are almost always laid out in a North-South fashion, but not so in David. This makes it more difficult to follow maps.

Calles are lettered and Avenidas are numbered, starting from the central Park of the town.

Calle and Avenida '0', which would run right alongside the Park, are usually called Calle and Avenida Central

Edited by Keith Woolford

6 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

Central American towns are almost always laid out in a North-South fashion, but not so in David. This makes it more difficult to follow maps.

Calles are lettered and Avenidas are numbered, starting from the central Park of the town.

Calle and Avenida '0', which would run right alongside the Park, are usually called Calle and Avenida Central

Keith

What do you think about street address in Costa Rica and Nicaragua.  I thougth we were bad in Panama but in those countries getting an address is very difficult.   Sometimes when I have to send my customers documents of packages using courier services and writting the address in the spaces of the documents are small.  Also locating an address is very difficult if you dont live in the city and know it very well.  

I went to visit a customer in San Jose and the address was something like that

My Customer Inc

From the Old Farmacia Star take 100 meters North and then 200 meters East.

San Jose, Costa Rica.

Only using a taxi would be the best way to get the address.   First I didnt know where the Old Farmacia Star was located.  The farmacia (drug store) did not exist anymore.  It took going slow until I saw the signs in from of the house to find my customer.